StevieLee

I am very new to the insurance industry, the only dealings I've ever had was having health insurance myself.
I got hired with SelectQuote as a temp Senior AEP agent. As of right now I'm under their thumb until March 31.
In the beginning and all through AEP, I loved the company. I was planning to stay there if I got offered a core position. I have sold well.
Now, everything there has changed. Base pay, commission, upline. The tiering has changed, comp, how to get to the higher level of pay... It's a mess.
I've seen the morals change, I've seen the dirty doings by agents and leaders to just get numbers.
I want out. I want to continue senior Sales, but I want to do it somewhere else.
How can I get my licenses and certifications released the quickest? I have another opportunity with more carriers as well as other lines of insurance.
I just don't know how to go about all of this, I'm unhappy and just really need some guidance.

I am very new to the insurance industry, the only dealings I've ever had was having health insurance myself.
I got hired with SelectQuote as a temp Senior AEP agent. As of right now I'm under their thumb until March 31.
In the beginning and all through AEP, I loved the company. I was planning to stay there if I got offered a core position. I have sold well.
Now, everything there has changed. Base pay, commission, upline. The tiering has changed, comp, how to get to the higher level of pay... It's a mess.
I've seen the morals change, I've seen the dirty doings by agents and leaders to just get numbers.
I want out. I want to continue senior Sales, but I want to do it somewhere else.
How can I get my licenses and certifications released the quickest? I have another opportunity with more carriers as well as other lines of insurance.
I just don't know how to go about all of this, I'm unhappy and just really need some guidance.

What license do you currently hold? Go get your 215 license if you don’t have it. Contract immediately after that with any company you can’t currently write. Don’t write the companies you can write right now for 6 months and you’ll be auto released.

I hold licenses in 18 states with all of the big carriers (UHC, Aetna, Cigna, Humana, Wellcare etc)

Getting out quicker than 6 months is something that requires a release. Letting it sit for 6 months without writing business, then transferring....is not a release.
So do you think I would be better off to go to this other place, get appointments with other carriers and areas of coverage and just let my others just sit until I get released in March? Will they release it if they offer me a permanent position and I decline?

So do you think I would be better off to go to this other place, get appointments with other carriers and areas of coverage and just let my others just sit until I get released in March? Will they release it if they offer me a permanent position and I decline?

First off, I would ask for an immediate release. If you have to wait out the 6 months, that's not a release. If you do have to wait, then you have to do what you have to do. Get with another outfit that you like and pick up companies that you don't have under SQ.

Back