Suggest Your Favorite Book!!

Greatest salesman in the world by O.G. Mandino and then there is also another that I like which is "You can't teach a kid to ride a bike at a seminar" by David Sandler

You Can't Learn to Ride a Bicycle at a seminar by David Sandler

I know this is an old thread, but it is what came up easily when I was looking for you recommending this book.

I was in a thrift store earlier this year looking at books and I saw two Sandler books on the shelf. My first thought was I am not selling, I don't need these.

My second thought was that If you have any interest in selling at all, for $3 each, DHK would tell you to buy them.

I have been reading pages here and there in the "bicycle" book the last couple of days and I think I see why you like it.

If I would not have associated you with the author, I would not have bought it.
Thanks.
LD

Reactions: DHK
I read, watch, and listen to EVERYTHING.... because I'm an educated, eclectic, and intellectually curious man.

I read the WSJ and NYT each evening. I listen to Rush once or twice a week. I watch David Brooks on PBS on Friday evenings. I see some of the Fox talking heads daily (they are always on the TV in the locker room at my tennis/fitness club when I'm there around 5 PM most days.)

Why should I care what religion Zig is?

Although I've been vilified in this venue as eating Christian babies for breakfast, I happen to like what I call "true" Christians... those who live their faith without the zeal to force me to also adopt it. I have a lot of religious-publisher clients since I also own a small (mostly dormant now) book publishing company... which I made a lot of money in back in the early 90s before the internet "killed" non-fiction publishing. (Contact Tsaba House in Reedly, CA and ask Pam who wrote their health care. I have nothing to hide.)

I also have a lot of small Christian publishing houses who use our JAYA123 software service.

My views on religious extremism are well-known by all in the small publishing industry from my Saturday Rant column that I've written on and off for the past fifteen years.

I've never claimed political or "intellectual" consistency. I supported AuH20 in '64, Nixon in '68, and voted for Regan in 84, Dole in '96, and Bush in '00 and '04. I supported Dems the other times. I'm a hybrid between Jewish, Christian, and Hindu belief structures. Neither ideological nor intellectual "purity" has been of interest to me. To paraphrase Miss Jean, "Those who like that sort of thing, that's the sort of thing they like."

My mind is open to change. I'm the prototype of the "independent" voter that both the far right and far left does not "talk" to nor seek out.

You can debate it if you want. I won't. This is a nice, simple, enjoyable thread. Let's not turn it into a political battle... just this once.

I hope I successfully addressed whatever issues you might have with me reading and listing Zig's book.

Al
InsuranceSolutions123 Agency
Hey Al, why don't you like Rick(I don't lke him either)? :biggrin:

Back