Suggestion for Health Presentation

MHart

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a unique situation on Monday where I will be a speaker at a real estate office that has about 20 agents.

What I was wondering if you had 10 minutes of their time what would you hit on?

My main purpose is to get them to fill out a paper to get a free health evaluation quote. How I got the appointment was I sent out a flyer to the office manager stating that most of my clients save 25 to 40 percent a month on health premiums.

So what I will be discussing is HSA concept any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated?

I have a unique situation on Monday where I will be a speaker at a real estate office that has about 20 agents.

What I was wondering if you had 10 minutes of their time what would you hit on?

My main purpose is to get them to fill out a paper to get a free health evaluation quote. How I got the appointment was I sent out a flyer to the office manager stating that most of my clients save 25 to 40 percent a month on health premiums.

So what I will be discussing is HSA concept any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated?

One minute on introducing myself.
Two minutes on my dedication to Customer/Client Service
Five minutes on the HSA
Two minutes on the "Other Half of Health Coverage" or better known as DI

Your ten minutes is spent and you offer up a Q&A Session.

Introduce yourself, introduce a few concepts with just enough information to whet their appetite, use a few examples, invite questions.

If you do it right you will run out of time before all the questions are answered. That is a good thing.

If you spend much more than 3 - 4 minutes telling you are preaching, not teaching.

Something along these lines . . .

My name is Marc and I am self employed. Like you, I do not earn a dime until my client is satisfied that I have provided exactly what they need at a price they can afford.

Most people make the mistake of renting their health insurance rather than owning it. Let me illustrate.

(It helps to know your audience in advance. Based on my experience with realtors, you are probably playing to mostly females in their 40's & 50's. Many may be divorced, possibly with one or more children at home or in college. Don't use a family of 4, age 35 for your illustration.)

My typical client has a plan with copays for doc & Rx and a $1000 deductible. A female age 42 with a 22 year old daughter in college is probably paying $400 per month for coverage. Neither of them go to the doctor often and mom only takes meds for HTN.

At $400 per month they will pay the carrier close to $5000 over the course of a year. In return they may, if they are lucky, recieve $500 in benefits.

What happens to the rest of the money?

The carrier keeps it.

The way you win in this transaction is to pay the carrier as little as possible in rent and start building equity in your health insurance plan.

Take that same scenario and change from renting to buying. You still pay $400 per month but only $200 goes to the carrier. The rest goes in to a special, tax deductible account that allows you to build equity in your plan.

At the end of the year you have still paid about $5000. The $2400 you paid the carrier is theirs to keep. During the year you withdrew $500 from your equity account.

The net result is you still have close to $2000 of your money left over.

Which makes more sense? Renting at $5000 per year with no equity or owning at $5000 per year with $2000 equity at years end?

That is when you shut up and take questions.

Introduce yourself, introduce a few concepts with just enough information to whet their appetite, use a few examples, invite questions.

If you do it right you will run out of time before all the questions are answered. That is a good thing.

If you spend much more than 3 - 4 minutes telling you are preaching, not teaching.

Something along these lines . . .

My name is Marc and I am self employed. Like you, I do not earn a dime until my client is satisfied that I have provided exactly what they need at a price they can afford.

Most people make the mistake of renting their health insurance rather than owning it. Let me illustrate.

(It helps to know your audience in advance. Based on my experience with realtors, you are probably playing to mostly females in their 40's & 50's. Many may be divorced, possibly with one or more children at home or in college. Don't use a family of 4, age 35 for your illustration.)

My typical client has a plan with copays for doc & Rx and a $1000 deductible. A female age 42 with a 22 year old daughter in college is probably paying $400 per month for coverage. Neither of them go to the doctor often and mom only takes meds for HTN.

At $400 per month they will pay the carrier close to $5000 over the course of a year. In return they may, if they are lucky, recieve $500 in benefits.

What happens to the rest of the money?

The carrier keeps it.

The way you win in this transaction is to pay the carrier as little as possible in rent and start building equity in your health insurance plan.

Take that same scenario and change from renting to buying. You still pay $400 per month but only $200 goes to the carrier. The rest goes in to a special, tax deductible account that allows you to build equity in your plan.

At the end of the year you have still paid about $5000. The $2400 you paid the carrier is theirs to keep. During the year you withdrew $500 from your equity account.

The net result is you still have close to $2000 of your money left over.

Which makes more sense? Renting at $5000 per year with no equity or owning at $5000 per year with $2000 equity at years end?

That is when you shut up and take questions.

Boy, I'll tell ya, Bob (somarco) has provided some of the "sagest" (or most sage?) advise I've seen on this board.

This is beautiful. Most people would do the opposite, telling people about their wonderful policies until people's eyes glaze over....

Telling is not selling. Ask more questions, gain more clients.

who has health insurance......who's it with.....how much are you paying......

Thanks for all the suggestions I will definately use some of these things. Traditionally what I do is a power point presentation for this seminar type selling but my power point presentation lasts about 20 minutes so that is why I needed the input.

As regards to the flyer I feel I cannot share that with the group it is not a flyer that I created it is copyrighted and I bought it from a marketing company where I just input my information.

Well I did my seminar today to the realtors. So far the numbers have worked out to this. There was 20 in attendance. Twelve have requested free 10 minute phone health insurance evaluation. I will keep you updated on how well I do on the 12 leads.

Well here are the numbers so far 10 days after the presentation.

12 requested quotes
8 people quoted
8 presentations
3 Sales.

Back