Sunday Followups and Appts

Sundays, like ANY day can be seen as disrespectful...just like calling during dinner, the kid's birthday party, during lovemaking, while a favorite TV show is on....etc..........bottom line is it is ALWAYS a bad time/day/ for SOMEONE.

You can't second guess, WHEN prospects want to be reached (that's called them calling you).....if a person is wants to speak to you they will...if it truly is a bad time they'll simply say so, respectfully and ask to be called at a later time.
If they are jerks about it, then they were jerk to begin with.........

That being said, because we know many ppl attend church or pretend that they hold Sunday as the sabbath day......"decrease" your odds of the "over the top" accuses by following the same objection rules, you normally do.

Just like during a presentation, the best way NOT to have an issue is to address it BEFORE your prospect brings it up (close that door before, your P wants to use it as an escape hatch).......START the call w/ something like

"Hey, Joe..Sorry I couldn't catch you during the week but I knew, you wanted to speak, real quick, so I decided to give a you call AFTER church...." (Our service was great today, how about yours?)

* Your goal is to diffuse or "close the door" on this Christian's ability to BLOW UP on you, while apologizing for making the Sunday call...all in the same breath. (bottom line is their on the phone)

The key is to bring it up FIRST, apologize and sympathize,....... it's much more difficult to get angry when you can't INFORM someone of "what they did"
i.e. If your going to be late, call your wife BEFORE

Once you "diffuse" the air BEFORE it gets hot..... Sunday p.m.'s "after church time" is great at actually reaching ppl...remember to "primetime" starts and stops a little earlier on Sunday, follow what the TV networks do......... 5pm but no later then 7:45pm.

Will you be interrupting dinner or TV or Sex?....Yep, but that's what calling folks at home is, no way around it.

Hope that helps,

Btw....da Bulls are Red, Sox are White, Hawks are Black, and da Bear's are Back!!!!!!!;););)

Many years ago when I sold the Ency Britannica, and did very well, I would call leads on Sunday night just as 60 Minutes was coming on. I knew they would be home then;).I set up my whole week by eight o'clock. They can't take a joke. Too bad. And this was thirty years ago and I was paying ten buck a lead...

:no:"Will you be interrupting dinner or TV or Sex?....Yep,"
People have sex on Sunday???

If you have young kids you sneak it in whenever you can......

Reminds me of a joke about using vaseline on the doorknob during sex.

Sundays, like ANY day can be seen as disrespectful...just like calling during dinner, the kid's birthday party, during lovemaking, while a favorite TV show is on....etc..........bottom line is it is ALWAYS a bad time/day/ for SOMEONE.

You can't second guess, WHEN prospects want to be reached (that's called them calling you).....if a person is wants to speak to you they will...if it truly is a bad time they'll simply say so, respectfully and ask to be called at a later time.
If they are jerks about it, then they were jerk to begin with.........

That being said, because we know many ppl attend church or pretend that they hold Sunday as the sabbath day......"decrease" your odds of the "over the top" accuses by following the same objection rules, you normally do.

Just like during a presentation, the best way NOT to have an issue is to address it BEFORE your prospect brings it up (close that door before, your P wants to use it as an escape hatch).......START the call w/ something like

"Hey, Joe..Sorry I couldn't catch you during the week but I knew, you wanted to speak, real quick, so I decided to give a you call AFTER church...." (Our service was great today, how about yours?)

* Your goal is to diffuse or "close the door" on this Christian's ability to BLOW UP on you, while apologizing for making the Sunday call...all in the same breath. (bottom line is their on the phone)

The key is to bring it up FIRST, apologize and sympathize,....... it's much more difficult to get angry when you can't INFORM someone of "what they did"
i.e. If your going to be late, call your wife BEFORE

Once you "diffuse" the air BEFORE it gets hot..... Sunday p.m.'s "after church time" is great at actually reaching ppl...remember to "primetime" starts and stops a little earlier on Sunday, follow what the TV networks do......... 5pm but no later then 7:45pm.

Will you be interrupting dinner or TV or Sex?....Yep, but that's what calling folks at home is, no way around it.

Hope that helps,

Btw....da Bulls are Red, Sox are White, Hawks are Black, and da Bear's are Back!!!!!!!;););)

Very true!! I avoid pains in the asses altogether, no matter what day of the week.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I will definitely avoid calling anyone over 35 because that is when I've gotten the most negative feedback. I spoke to a 25yr old with no hesitation for an hour. The bottom line is if they were truly interested, it would not matter what day of the week it is. And pains in the assess will always be that no matter what day it is.

Last edited:
Back