Supplemental Companies for Independent Agency

bgassassin

Hello all. Been awhile since I've posted thanks to non-insurance related work, but I always planned to get back into insurance and made sure to keep my license renewed. Now I've found something pretty flexible to pay the bills to allow me to get back in the groove of things. Just got my residential agency license (focusing mainly on life and health) and am also taking care of a few miscellaneous things to get it going. So on top reacclimating myself with today's market, I was looking for suggestions on supplemental companies I can use without being captive. I'm still contracted with Assurant and can use theirs, which seems to be going through a renovation when I went to the site. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated so I can match the client with the best policy.

Re: Supplemental Companies for Independent Agency.

Hello all. Been awhile since I've posted thanks to non-insurance related work, but I always planned to get back into insurance and made sure to keep my license renewed. Now I've found something pretty flexible to pay the bills to allow me to get back in the groove of things. Just got my residential agency license (focusing mainly on life and health) and am also taking care of a few miscellaneous things to get it going. So on top reacclimating myself with today's market, I was looking for suggestions on supplemental companies I can use without being captive. I'm still contracted with Assurant and can use theirs, which seems to be going through a renovation when I went to the site. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated so I can match the client with the best policy.

I was actually out of the insurance industry for awhile myself. I am planning on, at the moment, to get back into the groove of things as an independent agent. I have actually been out of the business for awhile myself but I really needed the funds to get started. I did go back in the business for awhile myself from October 09 to March 10 as a captive agent for a company but I would much rather be independent. Plus I have been going through some things in my personal life where I need to get my crap together and focus on being an independent agent. I plan on being full indpendent myself by July or August.

What kind supplemental health are you looking for? I am sure there are plenty of people on this board willing to help you.

Oh just the usual suspects. Cancer, Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness, etc. I forgot to mention that the search I made didn't quite bring up what I was looking for.

Standard Life has some Supp policies and you can contract Direct with the company!

AD&D
HIP
Cancer

Anyhow, hope this helps.

(I'm new to this site and very new to insurance sales (as of yesterday) but wanted to give you what little information I had.)

Last edited:

(I'm new to this site and very new to insurance sales (as of yesterday) but wanted to give you what little information I had.)

Gee, I wonder who you went to work for yesterday, Manda?

Actually I didn't.. just got some information from them.

Hey CO. I sent you an email, but didn't hear from you.

LOL @ Fisher

Never heard of Standard Life before, and after an initial review it doesn't seem like they offer product in the US.

Back