T65 new to Med Supp. Do all agents also help with PDP

AHIP was really great this year. It was a pita the year before, imo.

Dealing with people post aep is minimal, imo. I thought MA was a nightmare and was wrong there too...

I only use SS and Wellcare. I'm approved for some other companies, but even with MA, I really only use Aetna.

I did 500+ PDP reviews this year. After 20 years, I finally "succumbed" and did the friggin AHIP and got appointed with a couple of them (Silver Script and Humana.)

Its actually not that hard, even when you aren't getting paid. 90% of mine went either SS, Humana or Wellcare. Once you figure out that year's logic, you'll be able to do them pretty quickly.

I do them all at Medicare.gov, then do a cut/paste and email it to the client. Typing them in is the issue and I get help with that part.

Get linked in with a connecture type software. Integrates with med.gov and saves all client info, mbi, eff dates, drug list so when you move them next year you don't have to recreate all the data.

Connecture is awesome. Had a long conversation with csg today. They came out with one but it’s lacking right now. No ability to do online mapd apps which takes much of the need away . They said there getting . I’m watching as if you ever leave the imo with connecture you lose your clients data.

I’m watching as if you ever leave the imo with connecture you lose your clients data.

#1 reason I haven't saved any Rx's in Connecture or Sunfire yet. I'm not a control freak, but... what happens when they decide to update the platform? What happens when I need to move contracts? It saves *some* time but it also *takes* time to set up the client profile, etc, in their system (whereas on Medicare.gov, it's super fast now and easy to save the .pdf and just add client name and year to the file name & drop in the CRM - I don't have to "create their profile" before running 2 basic Rx's... making Medicare faster).

The #2 reason is accuracy. If I send out a report with errors, I'd rather the report with errors be from Medicare.gov.

In short, I still use Medicare.gov for figuring out which plan. Then sunfire or connecture to enroll - which is really fast.

I did 500+ PDP reviews this year. After 20 years, I finally "succumbed" and did the friggin AHIP and got appointed with a couple of them (Silver Script and Humana.)

Its actually not that hard, even when you aren't getting paid. 90% of mine went either SS, Humana or Wellcare. Once you figure out that year's logic, you'll be able to do them pretty quickly.

I do them all at Medicare.gov, then do a cut/paste and email it to the client. Typing them in is the issue and I get help with that part.

Wow, I respect any agent that did PDP's w/o $. It's barely worth it at $41 but I'd be in an insane asylum if I did a bunch of pdp's for $0.

I know why some agents don't do it - I get it - but it's already such a drag, we may as well get a few cups of coffee out of it.

I was on a 1 hr conference call last week with 1 other agent from our imo and their head of senior sales with connecture with tons of questions and answers . Supposedly connecture has the same accuracy as med.gov as they download the data from them nightly .Also connecture just came up with a function to compare 3 plans side by side . You can also hide the yearly medical cost est and just have the yearly rx costs. You can also sort plans based on drug costs from lowest to highest . There also in talks with the major carriers to allow the health assessment to be done on connecture . No queastion the enrolling platform is crazy fast . I also gave a suggestion to allow digital signing of the scope for face to face agents instead of having to text or email.

I was on a 1 hr conference call last week with 1 other agent from our imo and their head of senior sales with connecture with tons of questions and answers . Supposedly connecture has the same accuracy as med.gov as they download the data from them nightly .Also connecture just came up with a function to compare 3 plans side by side . You can also hide the yearly medical cost est and just have the yearly rx costs. You can also sort plans based on drug costs from lowest to highest . There also in talks with the major carriers to allow the health assessment to be done on connecture . No queastion the enrolling platform is crazy fast . I also gave a suggestion to allow digital signing of the scope for face to face agents instead of having to text or email.

I hear all these great things about Connecture and Sunfire (surfire?) and I am taking a hard pass. Mainly because I can't see it saving enough time that I actually care. Plus, I want the email to be from Medicare.gov.

pdp needs hippa and pita training from many carriers to sell pdp.
curious what % of agents only write the supp even though they can also write MA and pdp?
what do agents that cant write pdp, tell their new supp clients?
and agents that can write pdp, but choose not to, what do you say? thanks

I don't understand why I wouldn't write it, to be honest. 81 bucks is nothing to turn my nose up on with a customer that probably cost me $100 bucks or so to acquire.

I also try for dental and vision if I can too. Us call center vets call that a "Home Run," lol.

Aside from the money, there's also the "being a professional" component to this. That supp pays enough for the agent to provide the best overall service possible that he/she can. If I get ahold of someone who just wants to talk dental or PDP or vision, I'm going to figure out a way to make the agent look bad that sent their client elsewhere for the non big $$$ ticket.

More often than not, they'll give me a chance with improving their supp/Advantage situation by the end of the call.

Just my two cents...

I generally do not sell DVH.. not because it's a "low ticket item", but because most DVH plans suck ass for the money you spend.

45-50 for 1500 in coverage, + deductible $100, + 60-80% coverage except for preventative, + waiting periods...

Yay!

People ask.. I tell them I'll write them, but they're better off asking for the cash price.

I generally do not sell DVH.. not because it's a "low ticket item", but because most DVH plans suck ass for the money you spend.

I can't disagree with that philosophy. What works for me is preparing them for the fuchery that's coming from the dentist 90% of the time with or without insurance...ESPECIALLY if the dental is an HMO plan. So I try to build the value of the PPO plans, but let them know about the "code game" many dentists play.

With hearing, I just tell them straight up that there's no way that hearing place wouldn't have taken $500 off either way if you give them a take it or leave it ultimatum.

Vision does have some decent plans out there, especially in certain states, IMO. If there's a decent allowance every year on the frames, then usually there's some value to be presented, IMO.

Back