T65 new to Med Supp. Do all agents also help with PDP

When the world gets tough and I get a little down, I remind myself that I'm not LD's agent.

That tends to brighten my day.

I don't think LD would ever make it through my screen out process.

He'd be flagged as a special needs client and his HDF, PDP, HI, and 2 drug plans (which work out to maybe $200 a year in commissions) just wouldn't cut it.

When the world gets tough and I get a little down, I remind myself that I'm not LD's agent.

That tends to brighten my day.

You know, I tend to get a bit tired of your continual cr*p. Putting up with it has gone a ways beyond "being a good sport".

This post points me towards two actions that will brighten my day.

I believe I will stop worrying about the underwriting process for MedSupp change and trying to figure out the best way to choose the proper IMO to connect me with an experienced old time agent that is contracted with, and can answer one or two historical questions about, the carrier I want to go with. (And not put me in crossfire from a couple of my "enemies" in the process.)

I am also tired of hearing the combination of "do what's right for the customer" and "I don't make squat on an HDF".

I think I will just go straight to the carrier I want to use and attempt to buy direct.

The other action I am going to take to improve my mental health is to put you back on ignore where I have already placed Travis.

You know, I tend to get a bit tired of your continual cr*p. Putting up with it has gone a ways beyond "being a good sport".

This post points me towards two actions that will brighten my day.

I believe I will stop worrying about the underwriting process for MedSupp change and trying to figure out the best way to choose the proper IMO to connect me with an experienced old time agent that is contracted with, and can answer one or two historical questions about, the carrier I want to go with. (And not put me in crossfire from a couple of my "enemies" in the process.)

I am also tired of hearing the combination of "do what's right for the customer" and "I don't make squat on an HDF".

I think I will just go straight to the carrier I want to use and attempt to buy direct.

The other action I am going to take to improve my mental health is to put you back on ignore where I have already placed Travis.

No.. say it ain't so.. I'm devastated...

You have "enemies" because you're a troll, plain and simple.

Doing what's right by the client AND saying there's a crappy compensation schedule for a product that is nothing but pure profit for an insurer are not mutually exclusive.

For example, CSO gives a full 7% boost in compensation to offer Plan N over Plan G because they pay less claims and want more Plan N clients.

Secondly, when essentially every insurance agent here tells you they wouldn't take you on as a client, it's not them... It's you.

You 1-2 historical questions about carriers, especially concerning your behavior here, is not accurate.

You try to "give advice" when you don't know what the hell you're talking about and then frame it like you aren't. No one, and I truly mean this.. no one gets any value out of your opinion concerning insurance.

I generally do not sell DVH.. not because it's a "low ticket item", but because most DVH plans suck ass for the money you spend.

45-50 for 1500 in coverage, + deductible $100, + 60-80% coverage except for preventative, + waiting periods...

Yay!

People ask.. I tell them I'll write them, but they're better off asking for the cash price.

Hey Travis,

Clarify something for me: Are you saying you don't like to sell the combined DVH plans like the one Surebridge offers or that you don't like to sell dental, vision, or hearing AT ALL, separate or combo plans?

Hey Travis,

Clarify something for me: Are you saying you don't like to sell the combined DVH plans like the one Surebridge offers or that you don't like to sell dental, vision, or hearing AT ALL, separate or combo plans?

So.. for quite awhile I didn't sell any Dental plans. However, Delta has a really great one here. I just did a video and sent it out to all my clients and prospects.

I HATE DVH, like Medico... That stuff is generally trash.

BCBSMI has a decent one, but you have to go to their college to sell their products.

Client has to deal with claims themselves.
Waiting periods on EVERYTHING it seems
Tiered coverage that increases over time.
Bundle benefit amount.

I do acknowledge that most clients want a dental plan. It was just really hard for me to find one that I didn't think was trash.

So.. for quite awhile I didn't sell any Dental plans. However, Delta has a really great one here. I just did a video and sent it out to all my clients and prospects.

I HATE DVH, like Medico... That stuff is generally trash.

BCBSMI has a decent one, but you have to go to their college to sell their products.

Client has to deal with claims themselves.
Waiting periods on EVERYTHING it seems
Tiered coverage that increases over time.
Bundle benefit amount.

I do acknowledge that most clients want a dental plan. It was just really hard for me to find one that I didn't think was trash.

I gotcha. Totally agree with the combined DVH stuff...just a quick scan of most combined DVH SOB's and you can see a ton of fluff in there.

You're also right about having to dig on the dental to separate the sugar from the spit.

On my original post in this thread, I should clarify: I fully stand by telling a client there isn't a value out there if you've done the research. That's taking care of your client by giving them advice you believe to be sound.

The guys I usually try to pick off their client on bigger products are the ones that don't tell the client anything about dental other than "call an agent that deals with dental."

@Travis Price

Re your dental video,

Many plans have no waiting for preventive. It is misleading to give folks the idea that all plans have waiting for preventive services. (and some will extend the no waiting to basic services as well.)

When you get up to the $40-$50 premium range, you should be able to have a plan that pays more than 50% coinsurance for basic services.

If you pay $40 for the basic dental plan you described, you are paying too much. That's a $30-$35 plan, particularly if it has the waiting periods you described.

I don't know what happens in Michigan, but in Kansas some carriers will waive waiting periods if you have, or have just dropped, other dental coverage. This would particularly be of interest to your prospects just coming off active group or cobra coverage.

I did not hear you talk about the insurance benefit of cost reduction from Retail to Network pricing.

And a bonus point, if they are all like Kansas, the Blue Cross plans have a significant coverage difference that could be of benefit to some people. Since you know so much, I will let you figure out what it is.

(And I really hate dental plans that require me to join some association.)

@Travis Price

Re your dental video,

Many plans have no waiting for preventive. It is misleading to give folks the idea that all plans have waiting for preventive services. (and some will extend the no waiting to basic services as well.)

When you get up to the $40-$50 premium range, you should be able to have a plan that pays more than 50% coinsurance for basic services.

If you pay $40 for the basic dental plan you described, you are paying too much. That's a $30-$35 plan, particularly if it has the waiting periods you described.

I don't know what happens in Michigan, but in Kansas some carriers will waive waiting periods if you have, or have just dropped, other dental coverage. This would particularly be of interest to your prospects just coming off active group or cobra coverage.

I did not hear you talk about the insurance benefit of cost reduction from Retail to Network pricing.

And a bonus point, if they are all like Kansas, the Blue Cross plans have a significant coverage difference that could be of benefit to some people. Since you know so much, I will let you figure out what it is.

(And I really hate dental plans that require me to join some association.)

Re: You mean I can't be your agent?

I'm torn asunder. (Jk, I'd never take you on as a client..)

Everything else, I don't care about your opinion. You're a sideline chump that acts like he knows something about marketing insurance products because he spent 4 years shopping for just the right optimization for his plan.

That's why you carry three dental plans. Good for you for scoring the hat trick.

Most seniors (and anyone else with more experience than me, or just a license and 2-3 years experience can correct me) aren't obsessive compulsive about micro-optimizations of their plan.

They want it to work, not be hassled by it, and have someone to help them when there's an issue.

I offer plans that I think are a good fit. Dental is available because I'm asked about it... However, I don't need to represent every dental carrier (and BCBSMI, fyi, dental plan isn't anything spectacular) in the market.

Just as an aside, you may not like doing an association for your insurance.. that's cool. The BCBSMI $50 plan offers $1200 in coverage. 100/70/50 coverage on services.

My association dental is $67 (approx) offers 100/70/70, $3000 in coverage and up to $3000 in rollover... With the cost of the association built into the premium.

I don't compare Network Price vs Retail Price with DVH because MOST of the trash ones that I'm talking about don't have a network or reduction.

If you had paid ANY attention to when I was asked to clarify.. I'm not talking about Network plans (although comparatively BCBSMI dental plans aren't anything to write home about.) When I say DVH plans are trash, I'm talking about plans like Medico, where you're submitting claims, getting reimbursed, have increasing coverage based on how long you're in the plan, and waiting periods.

Don't forget to give my video a thumbs down! Even put into the comments on Youtube why you disagree!

sport-baseball-pitcher-catcher-sport-fastball-aton1175_low.jpg

Last edited:
Back