T65 new to Med Supp. Do all agents also help with PDP

I hear all these great things about Connecture and Sunfire (surfire?) and I am taking a hard pass. Mainly because I can't see it saving enough time that I actually care. Plus, I want the email to be from Medicare.gov.

Let’s say you have 300 mapd’s on the books and you have to reshop 100 of them yearly. How could not having an avg of 10 medicines saved and reshop in mins not be a huge time saver x 100 clients? I would say if connecture ,sunfire ,Medicare enrollment platforms were not 100% accurate or near it then 100’s of thousands of agents wouldn’t be using . To each his own .

I generally do not sell DVH.. not because it's a "low ticket item", but because most DVH plans suck ass for the money you spend.

45-50 for 1500 in coverage, + deductible $100, + 60-80% coverage except for preventative, + waiting periods...

Yay!

People ask.. I tell them I'll write them, but they're better off asking for the cash price.

You are forgetting about the network repricing savings that also comes from insurance.

You are forgetting about the network repricing savings that also comes from insurance.

I'm really not.

You can easily get this by asking your provider for the insurance price if you pay cash.

It's still garbage coverage, generally. Delta does have a really interesting dental plan though, with roll-over, no waiting, and $50 deductible.

However, DVH is garbage imo.

Last edited:
You can easily get this by asking your provider for the insurance price if you pay cash.

The limited efforts I have made for that suggest to me that my dentists have not consulted insurance agents about how they (the dentists) should handle their pricing with their patients.

I like Ameritas dental.

$2,000 in coverage.

Around $32/mo. $0 deductible for preventative (100%). $50 deductible on basic/major. Basic and major 50% and 80% year 2 (year 1 slightly lower).

You figure 2 cleanings + bite wings yearly won't be that far off the premium alone. Add a filling or 2 (or worse, a crown), it's a good benefit to have.

I agree on DVH - I've never been "sold" on it. I hate the $100 deductible and most clients want 100% for preventative (which DVH's don't give).

However, DVH is garbage imo.

That is certainly a view I have often seen expressed here. I happen to believe it is an inappropriate and incorrect view that ignores the purpose of insurance and pulls dental or DVH insurance out of the lineup of insurance products and treats it differently.

The limited efforts I have made for that suggest to me that my dentists have not consulted insurance agents about how they (the dentists) should handle their pricing with their patients.

The limited efforts I have made to know what agents could/should offer their clients suggests that no one consulted you.

[Ameritas being a good option is often network dependent]

No often about it. Ameritas being a good option IS network dependent. In my area it looks to me like the dental clinics accepting Ameritas are probably the Medicaid and/or low income clinics. Any dentists I use are OON with them and I would be liable for their full retail charge less the Ameritas payment if I had Ameritas insurance.

On the other hand I had a California agent, I think in northern CA but not sure, tell me that it was great coverage where he was, that some of their top notch practices take the coverage.

It is also interesting how many Ameritas variants there are out there. I think I found either 4 or 5, and those were just individual plans. All sorts of variation in benefit amounts, coinsurance levels and premiums.

The Ameritas website quoting site option looks to me like a great way for an agent to "automate" dental insurance sales to some extent too.

That is certainly a view I have often seen expressed here. I happen to believe it is an inappropriate and incorrect view that ignores the purpose of insurance and pulls dental or DVH insurance out of the lineup of insurance products and treats it differently.

Get your license and sell dental to all those clients, or stfu.

I don't need to explain to you the conversation that I have with my clients and frankly, about your opinion...

ShrillDistinctDunlin-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
Back