Table Shaving & Lifestyle Credits - Start Sandbagging

Brokers Alliance

Guru
Sponsor
Arizona
Here's a big heads up on your impaired risk cases for 2011. Start "sandbagging" your substandard cases. The only exception are unisured clients. And even then you should only pay one quearterly premium.

About this time every year, we encourage our producers to delay substandard case submissions until after Halloweeen when some medical requirements have a chance of being waved and underwriting offers are as benevolent as it's going to get.

Here is the list of table shaving & lifestyle crediting carriers that promote these underwriting programs:AG, AVIVA,AXA, Hancock, Lincoln Benefit, Lincoln National,Met, Nationwide, Principle, Protective, Pru, Tranamerica & United of Omaha.

Here are the impaired risk players going into the fall: Lincoln Benefit, Lincoln National & Principle.

Here are some sleepers that may emerge as players: AG, Met & Pru. (We'll see.)

Last edited:
I'm a little new here with this area but why would halloween be a better time? What is so special about that time? Is it to try and get as many policies as possible before the year closes out, and halloween is about the time for the process to complete for most people?

Or am I totally wrong?

I'm a little new here with this area but why would halloween be a better time? What is so special about that time? Is it to try and get as many policies as possible before the year closes out, and halloween is about the time for the process to complete for most people?

Or am I totally wrong?

Bingo!

That leaves you and the companies about 60 days to get fully underwritten policies issued. And they are normally jambed with business.

Bingo!

That leaves you and the companies about 60 days to get fully underwritten policies issued. And they are normally jambed with business.

DAYUM! I'm glad I finally figured one out for this. I guess things are starting to make sense here and there...

Protective Life: Heavy Weight Contender & Challenger for overweight clients. Protective is taking on Heavy Weight Champion Prudential.

This will be a perfect slug fest in the fall when impaired risk & the battle of the preferreds begins in earnest.

Start Sandbagging.

Back