• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Tech Question maybe windows 11 issue?

I don't know what you think is reasonable here?

Tech is supposed to work, I trying to make it work

Just saying well tech is just not working for me let me go back to the stone age and forget it is insane

I really dont understand this stuff But I do need it to work

I suggested ways to troubleshoot this, which you shrugged off. How am I being unreasonable? You're the one beating your head against the wall with this headset and you think I'm the insane one?

This is easy to diagnose. Either it's the headset or your computer. Isolate it by testing a different headset, if the other headset doesn't replicate the issue, then you've narrowed it down to this headset. If the other headset DOES replicate the issue, then you can know with confidence that the computer is the issue.

Once you've isolated the issue to the headset, you can be confident that it's either a driver issue or Bluetooth signal issue. Bluetooth operates on a 2.4GHz band, the same as wifi routers, phones, wireless alarm systems, microwave ovens, wireless video devices, smart devices, etc etc. Is there anything that could be causing interference while you're on a call? Is there anything blocking the wifi signal? Metal, concrete, plaster, etc? Think outside the box.

There is a 90% chance that Geeksquad will be unable to replicate or solve your issue in their store, especially if it's intermittent as you've described.

Not all of this applies to you but there may be some things you have not tried.

If the Audio Distorts or Stutters

If you’re able to pair your headphones but something doesn’t sound quite right—maybe the music sounds lower-quality than it should or it cuts in and out—it could be a problem with your wireless connection.

Check your source. Before you jump to troubleshooting Bluetooth, make sure that static isn’t inherent in the source of your music—maybe you’re listening to a low-bitrate MP3 from your Napster days, or maybe your streaming service has defaulted to a very low-quality setting. Check another pair of headphones—which you should have already done earlier!—and see whether it’s really Bluetooth’s fault. Similarly, says Cramer, make sure your Wi-Fi or cell signal is good. If your internet connection can’t keep up with Spotify, it’ll cut in and out through no fault of your headphones.

Re-pair the headphones. As with all troubleshooting, the “turn it off and turn it on again” mantra should be your first line of defense. Unpair the headphones, turn them off, reboot your phone, and pair again from scratch before continuing.

Bring the headphones closer to your device. If you’re listening to music on an iPad that’s sitting across the room, you might be too far away—or have too many obstructions in its path. “While most Bluetooth headphones can be apart by 33 feet to 100 feet, it must be noted that this is in plain sight and without a bunch of other Wi-Fi or Bluetooth signals also crowding the airwaves,” explains Cramer. Get closer to the device and move away from other signal-generating electronics to see whether that helps.

Disconnect other devices. I’ve found, on some phones, that Bluetooth audio will distort if my phone is connected to other Bluetooth devices at the same time, like a smartwatch or other set of headphones that isn’t active. Try disconnecting other devices or turning them off to see whether the problem goes away.

Based on your description it sounds like a BT connectivity issue. Although I have my geeky side, this is above my pay grade.

As stated before, DriverEasy has solved a lot of problems for me in the past.

Have you tried unpairing and pairing the headset to see what happens? Windows loves to give you reasons to reboot your computer so things can magically work.

Sometimes a cold boot works when a warm boot doesn't.

Only thing about BT issue is remember 1 the base is plugged in and the only BT would be from headset to base,

and 2nd this was replaced they sent me a 2nd headset thinking the first one was damaged

def tried the unpairing and paring the headset people tried all that as well as dif settings and going into main setting making sure there is no competing programs for mic active

did the deleting cookies and rebooting computer and all that

Heading to bestby to drop this stuff off in about an hour hopefully they come up with a fix

if not I have to find another person computer place to hire

Based on your description it sounds like a BT connectivity issue. Although I have my geeky side, this is above my pay grade.

As stated before, DriverEasy has solved a lot of problems for me in the past.

Have you tried unpairing and pairing the headset to see what happens? Windows loves to give you reasons to reboot your computer so things can magically work.

Sometimes a cold boot works when a warm boot doesn't.

the other odd thing is literally can get a minute to 3 minute perfect talking and then my voice just gets cut off

its not really choppy just gets cut off

I never had wifi interference issues before so that would be strange

I suggested ways to troubleshoot this, which you shrugged off. How am I being unreasonable? You're the one beating your head against the wall with this headset and you think I'm the insane one?

This is easy to diagnose. Either it's the headset or your computer. Isolate it by testing a different headset, if the other headset doesn't replicate the issue, then you've narrowed it down to this headset. If the other headset DOES replicate the issue, then you can know with confidence that the computer is the issue.

Once you've isolated the issue to the headset, you can be confident that it's either a driver issue or Bluetooth signal issue. Bluetooth operates on a 2.4GHz band, the same as wifi routers, phones, wireless alarm systems, microwave ovens, wireless video devices, smart devices, etc etc. Is there anything that could be causing interference while you're on a call? Is there anything blocking the wifi signal? Metal, concrete, plaster, etc? Think outside the box.

There is a 90% chance that Geeksquad will be unable to replicate or solve your issue in their store, especially if it's intermittent as you've described.

This x1000.

Havent read most of the thread, dont need to. This is how to fix it quick and easy.

If you havent tried a new headset, you are wasting your time at this point. Its the easiest way to figure out the source of the issue.

I was not unreasonable I di not shrug off troubleshooting just the idea of the first thig to do in buy another $400 headset to make a test of

and your answer to that is well go to paper products ? how am I supposed to take you?

Look I am not intrested in arguments but reasonable advice IF you want to be helpful I appreciate it but if you want to be condescending I wont engage

This x1000.

Havent read most of the thread, dont need to. This is how to fix it quick and easy.

If you havent tried a new headset, you are wasting your time at this point. Its the easiest way to figure out the source of the issue.

except a new headset is $300 or so dollars how does that make sense as a first line of defense

Like I said I wanted to get more ram anyway so its not like I am going there just for that, If it fixes the problem great if not then I will spend another $350 for a different headset actually one I would want dif brand would be over $400

This one was $350 and a popular brand

and it was replaced by the company remeber this is a 2nd headset, they replaced the first one thinking it was the headset but its same make and model

the next one would have to be a dif brand

thought they say this is use by other windows 11 users and its their most popular model

so its not likely that is the issue so probably I will be throwing out another $400 I would probably buy a sanhiesser if I bought a dif one I have had those before

but they say the newer models are not as good as the older ones and its more expensive so not really feeling like I really want to do that either

so I might realy have to think on what I would want to buy too

I was not unreasonable I di not shrug off troubleshooting just the idea of the first thig to do in buy another $400 headset to make a test of

and your answer to that is well go to paper products ? how am I supposed to take you?

Look I am not intrested in arguments but reasonable advice IF you want to be helpful I appreciate it but if you want to be condescending I wont engage

I never suggested a $400 headset, any headset would work.

except a new headset is $300 or so dollars how does that make sense as a first line of defense

Like I said I wanted to get more ram anyway so its not like I am going there just for that, If it fixes the problem great if not then I will spend another $350 for a different headset actually one I would want dif brand would be over $400

This one was $350 and a popular brand

and it was replaced by the company remeber this is a 2nd headset, they replaced the first one thinking it was the headset but its same make and model

the next one would have to be a dif brand

thought they say this is use by other windows 11 users and its their most popular model

so its not likely that is the issue so probably I will be throwing out another $400 I would probably buy a sanhiesser if I bought a dif one I have had those before

but they say the newer models are not as good as the older ones and its more expensive so not really feeling like I really want to do that either

so I might realy have to think on what I would want to buy too
I bought this Sennheiser 7 years ago for $290 thinking I wanted to do telesales, then never used it. If I can find it, I'd sell it for 1/2 what I gave for it. Damn, they have gone up. $490 now.
Amazon product ASIN B003VKVXF2

I bought this Sennheiser 7 years ago for $290 thinking I wanted to do telesales, then never used it. If I can find it, I'd sell it for 1/2 what I gave for it. Damn, they have gone up. $490 now.
Amazon product ASIN B003VKVXF2

I really truly appreciate you and your offer

however who knows if the older models will be compatible or have support besides I would not have the warranty or help if there is issues

I think I can get some good warranty hopefully something I can return

I had to put off the drop off till tom afternoon and in the meantime there was a driver update so I can see if that helps I test it in the morning

Buy the same thing on Amazon, free returns.

You can test the computer using any headset or even earbuds with a mic. If others work, the computer is not the issue.

That means its either a driver, or the actual headset.

Back