Telemarketed Lead Experience

RookieYankee

Guru
100+ Post Club
I went and sold a few of the telemarketed leads for final expense and the only thing is I didn't sell them any final expense policies. I have sold them all term.

1 guy said "sorry but I already have a 100k policy for 56. I'm getting another one for 75." So I am supposed to return to see if i really could get him a lower amount for term.

Another guy was interested in life insurance but I ended up getting him and his wife both term policies because the husband wanted a bit more than just to pay his burial and the wife already had a 100k with Bankers, which I'm going to try to roll over. She asked how much would a term policy be. So I gave her some amounts.

My question is, is this normal? These leads to go from a supposed final expense TM lead to a term? Just curious for some input.

Nope, I run into the opposite. It seems when running TM leads, the clientele is usually sicker and poorer than the usual DM lead folks.

I went and sold a few of the telemarketed leads for final expense and the only thing is I didn't sell them any final expense policies. I have sold them all term.

1 guy said "sorry but I already have a 100k policy for 56. I'm getting another one for 75." So I am supposed to return to see if i really could get him a lower amount for term.

Another guy was interested in life insurance but I ended up getting him and his wife both term policies because the husband wanted a bit more than just to pay his burial and the wife already had a 100k with Bankers, which I'm going to try to roll over. She asked how much would a term policy be. So I gave her some amounts.

My question is, is this normal? These leads to go from a supposed final expense TM lead to a term? Just curious for some input.

When I run into this I educate them in the difference of term asks wl. I then explain that if thru feel they have a for a term policy and wish to keep it then fine. However, because they now understand the term is only temporary, they really should get a small whole life policy to make sure they are covered when they die.

Did you write them or quote them? You're post is unclear on that.

Did you write them or quote them? You're post is unclear on that.

Oh sorry I actually sold them the term policies after they would tell me they were only interested in term life insurance. So at least I did close them.

----------

From the general tenor of your posts, consider getting some serious insurance and sales training. Can't do anything but help you!

I may have to look into brokerages because Metlife and Transamerica both told me they get their leads from friends and family. Bankers was telling me they would provide me with leads to call but this forum keeps telling me they are a terrible opportunity.

Last edited:
@ rookie

You seem to be grinding which I applaud. I hope you can make things work :)

Thanks man. Right now I run through the ILIAA, this forum, and then the rest is just personal experience. I have my licenses in several states as well. I still consider myself a rookie since i've got a lot to learn but I'll just keep moving forward. I'd rather learn from my own mistakes than to sit around and complain or think too much where I don't actually do business. I would like to work at a captive agency or somewhere that I can ask questions in person and work leads as well but I haven't been able to find that.

I know EFES is in Florida and Texas to my knowledge, Fex is in Ohio with Newby, and that's it that I know. I learned about another company in NJ that I want to try to get into for the one on one training.

Latest posts

Back