Telemarketers are out of control

The latest trick ( I even got a call ) is they claim to be Medicare and they are calling to replace your tattered Medicare card. They say they are going to send you a shiny new plastic card, Of course, what they actually do is enroll you in a Medicare Advantage plan , hence the new plastic card. This is so evil and disingenuous. How are they being allowed to do this? This has to stop!
Of course, most of my clients won’t fall for this gimmick, but they prey upon the weaker, vulnerable people.

The latest trick ( I even got a call ) is they claim to be Medicare and they are calling to replace your tattered Medicare card. They say they are going to send you a shiny new plastic card, Of course, what they actually do is enroll you in a Medicare Advantage plan , hence the new plastic card. This is so evil and disingenuous. How are they being allowed to do this? This has to stop!
Of course, most of my clients won’t fall for this gimmick, but they prey upon the weaker, vulnerable people.
No way is that possible. If this is the case I would record the conversation then see which agency I get routed to and then sue the living crap out of them. I don’t believe this though.

I received a call asking if I had received the new Medicare card that had been mailed to me two weeks ago. I hung up so don't know for sure what the scam was.

Medicare tells us not to laminate our card but yet they print it on 2-ply toilet paper.

Just don't tear that tag off your mattress. The mattress police are worse than storm troopers.

I’ve never read where you can’t laminate your medicare care. I’ve read that it can make it difficult for doctors to scan it but perfectly legal.

I’ve never read where you can’t laminate your medicare care. I’ve read that it can make it difficult for doctors to scan it but perfectly legal.
I think it's on the letter your card comes attached to. I honestly can't remember where but I've seen it.

Remind me not to mention those metal cards our parents use to have.

Received 2 calls yesterday and stopped their verbal diarrhea to question what agent they represent and then which agency. Each of the Pakistani callers stumbled through " work for many agents and agencies" Whomever they work with/for is a parasite similar to the timeshare caller.

Back