Wellcare, UHC... they're all out to get us

I think most people are looking for advice, and they want advice that’s tailored to their own circumstances. Advice is not the same thing as trying to convince everyone to make the choice you would make for yourself. The latter is, among other things, being lazy at this job.
"To their own circumstances" as of today, but you don't know their future health.

So when you get advice from a professional in the biz, you wouldn't ask your financial advisor what stocks they own, or your doctor what medications they would take themself, or your accountant what tax deductions they leverage?

I'd be shocked if my financial advisor asked me if I prefer NVDA or WMT stock? Or my doctor asked if I wanted to take the brand or generic? Or my accountant asking if I want to take the standard or itemized deduction?

Sometimes people need to be "told" what to do for their own well being......if they can afford it. I realize lower income have to do mapd, but that's not the kind of referrals I get.

Sometimes people need to be "told" what to do for their own well being......if they can afford it
I agree that clients usually want or need their agent to give them a very specific recommendation. I am saying that believe it’s important that the agent be as objective as possible with what they recommend and how they present it to the client.

And if an agent’s personal bias is influencing the recommendation, be transparent about that with the client.

Also, my message may have read like I was claiming you aren’t a good agent. That was not my intent, in case it came across that way.

I'm transparent from the start. "I only sell med supp, I am biased, if you can't afford or want mapd, I'll refer you to my good agent friend".

I'm transparent from the start. "I only sell med supp, I am biased, if you can't afford or want mapd, I'll refer you to my good agent friend".
Nothing wrong with being bias ,everybody is , as long as your honest and explain that a med supp is not the best plan for everybody

Back