Telemarketing Leads-A new system that I just tried !

I see telemarketing leads for is targeting strictly self employed and driving and doing the sell "belly to belly"

Business owners are no different from anyone else. I can (and have) closed them over the phone without ever meeting them. They prefer it that way. We can usually handle all the details (except the app) in 15 minutes or less and at a time that is convenient to both of us.

Thanks for all the feedback!
I have given thought to all the posts and will try to come up with an idea to satisfy as many agents as possible. I am leaning towards dropping the setup fee down to $39 for the first 3 people who start a campaign. I will keep eveyone posted if that takes effect.

Some agents posted that I was not an insurance agent. This is not true, as I have been licensed for 7 years now. It is what I do and I think this is why our first campaign was so successful. I have developed successful scripts now for quite a while with life. I also well realize that some agents will not be as successful as I was selling these leads. Some agents followup skills, closing skills, and telephone skills are terrible. A few agents will probably get upset if every lead is not a laydown and I understand this. I personally closed about 1 in 10. Now I still have some to follow up with and I am sure I will pick up a few in a couple of months, but I am average at the selling over the phone. I am also sure that there are some of you that are much much better than I.

Also, many of your post have stated the obvious. Yes you can do the same thing by calling small businesses in the yellow pages with your phone at your office. Yes you will have some sales off them. We are just going to be a lot more effective at doing it! Here were the results of the test we did for insurance:

About 30 hours of phone time for the week. Actually 30.6 hours.
Calls: 3621
Leads got: 87, (my brother and I are still calling on some.)
Calls got back from messages left on answering machines: 9
Sales: 12
Approved so far: 8

It took the caller a while to get comfortable with the script. The first couple days we only got about 3 leads per hour,but the final day was the most exciting.
Here is what they did:
Calls: 996
Hours: 6
Leads got: 26
Calls got back from messages left on answering machines: 3

I dont know how any single agent can call 3621 phone numbers in a 30 hour week. This is where we come in!

Also, some of you wanted to know if I could deliver the leads up front and bill a week later like Jami did? Yes, absolutely I would be more than happy to do this. For financial purposes we would need a contract similar to Jami's signed, but yes let me know if you would like to do this.

Gary

I dont know how any single agent can call 3621 phone numbers in a 30 hour week. This is where we come in!
Now you do...

If we don't I start firing people.

We redefine unlimited long distance.

Good luck in your venture - seriously you never know until you throw some mud on the wall...

Thanks for the post.
We have all the agents we can handle for right now. I am not going to promise leads to agents that we can not deliver, so we will not be able to take on anymore clients. As we grow slowly, and hire more AC's we will bring on more clients. I will post when we are able to bring more aboard and I am also sure the current agents will post the results.
Gary

Thanks for all the feedback!
I have given thought to all the posts and will try to come up with an idea to satisfy as many agents as possible. I am leaning towards dropping the setup fee down to $39 for the first 3 people who start a campaign. I will keep eveyone posted if that takes effect.

Some agents posted that I was not an insurance agent. This is not true, as I have been licensed for 7 years now. It is what I do and I think this is why our first campaign was so successful. I have developed successful scripts now for quite a while with life. I also well realize that some agents will not be as successful as I was selling these leads. Some agents followup skills, closing skills, and telephone skills are terrible. A few agents will probably get upset if every lead is not a laydown and I understand this. I personally closed about 1 in 10. Now I still have some to follow up with and I am sure I will pick up a few in a couple of months, but I am average at the selling over the phone. I am also sure that there are some of you that are much much better than I.

Also, many of your post have stated the obvious. Yes you can do the same thing by calling small businesses in the yellow pages with your phone at your office. Yes you will have some sales off them. We are just going to be a lot more effective at doing it! Here were the results of the test we did for insurance:

About 30 hours of phone time for the week. Actually 30.6 hours.
Calls: 3621
Leads got: 87, (my brother and I are still calling on some.)
Calls got back from messages left on answering machines: 9
Sales: 12
Approved so far: 8

It took the caller a while to get comfortable with the script. The first couple days we only got about 3 leads per hour,but the final day was the most exciting.
Here is what they did:
Calls: 996
Hours: 6
Leads got: 26
Calls got back from messages left on answering machines: 3

Also, some of you wanted to know if I could deliver the leads up front and bill a week later like Jami did? Yes, absolutely I would be more than happy to do this. For financial purposes we would need a contract similar to Jami's signed, but yes let me know if you would like to do this.

Gary

You are using a dialer GP if you guys are averaging over 100 calls/hr. There is no way you call that much per hour finger dialing in consecutive hours.

Just finished a campaign for a gentleman in Miss. for health insurance and wanted to post the results. He bought a 25 hour campaign and we started it this past monday. We finished it on Friday and got this:
Total calls made-2574 (A little lower than our average, but wanted to make sure we spent more time with quality leads)
Got a lead- 58
Messages we left on answering machines- 362
Busy- 45
Call back-413
DNC- 59
No answer- 374
Not interested- 329

As far as sales are concerned, he is working them now. I do know that he did get several calls back from the messages we left on the answering machines and he will get more as some of those people will call him back within a couple of weeks. (This has happened it our test) I think for the money he spent, this a very good value! If he sells one policy off the 58 leads then it has paid for itself. Based on prior results, my assumptions are he will get 1 sale every 7 to 10 leads. I do not know how experienced this gentleman is but at a worst case scenario of 1 sale every 15 leads is almost 4 sales. Still not bad!

Also, wanted to let some of you know that if you wish to make the calls yourself, we are licensing the system to individuals. Meaning you dont have to purchase time slots, leads, or campaigns. You can just license the system, we will fill it with the data you wish. (Meaning: tell us who your market is, eg... Medicare 64 and older, health, life, p&c etc.. and we will license the system to you and you can either make the calls yourself or hire someone to do it for you. The obvious benefits from this are, it is unlimited per month and is a much much better value.
It will be base on month to month, 3 month, 6 month, and 1 year agreement. We are working on the pricing now, but will make it as affordable as we can. Please call office or cell with questions. Also if someone wishes to see the system in person, we can do a webinar and do live calls for a test.- it is a must see!
office- 912-944-2540
Cell- 912-596-8417
Gary

Last edited:
Gary,
Get rid of the sign up fee and I'm sure you'll have some bites.

Back