Telemarketing offer to me

I just want phone appts. It beats the Internet leads if it works. No threat to my license. As far as using overseas company, I've been screwed by every American company involved in this lead business.

Sure! Why not add some foreign ones... nothing like being screwed around the world... if your statement is true, you must be a glutton for punishment.

Sure! Why not add some foreign ones... nothing like being screwed around the world... if your statement is true, you must be a glutton for punishment.

At least Aslam is willing to put up his money to prove himself.

I am not a glutton for punishment - I am cursed with being Honest, Open and Trusting (HOT). And I do end up prevailing in the end because I'm a really sharp dummy.
:cool:

At least Aslam is willing to put up his money to prove himself.

I am not a glutton for punishment - I am cursed with being Honest, Open and Trusting (HOT). And I do end up prevailing in the end because I'm a really sharp dummy.

Just suspicious of a new poster, soliciting business on the forum, and sending emails to solicit business, who does not accept credit cards for payment, that's all.

And just wondering who, in their right mind would seriously entertain the idea. Maybe you should give him your banking information for the first payment or send cash.

And that may be the reason you get screwed so often... if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Questions I have...

If he is calling from India and calls someone on the DNC list, what course of action is there? Can he throw you under the bus?

How strong is his accent or the ones of telemarketers calling? Will seniors know beyond a doubt that they are foreign?

What is the script that he is using?

How old are the donkeys?

Questions I have...

If he is calling from India and calls someone on the DNC list, what course of action is there? Can he throw you under the bus?

If you hire a telemarketing company, and they violate the DNC, you are as liable as they are... if the company you hire is out of the country, they have little worry... so the wrath of the FTC falls completely on you! Ignorance of the law is not a viable defense.

...we posses five different fingers.
I posess eight different fingers and two different thumbs; four different fingers and a thumb on the same arm, and four different fingers and a different thumb on a different arm.

Regarding leads and appointments and to let us, and only us, know you are really who you say you are, perhaps you could post a picture here of you holding a sign that has on it the secret code: "M R not 2B4U"

I've never been a fan of leads generated through the phone, online can even be worse if you're buying the leads from a source that sells them to multiple agents.

I mean, seriously, what could be worse than competing against 5 or 10 agents all at the same time with a cheap price buyer?

Generating your own leads, through effective marketing and advertising has consistently proven to be the best way to bring quality clients to me.

Of course you can waste a lot of money if you run poor ads, but assuming you know how to craft a compelling marketing piece, nothing (for me) has beat effective advertising through direct mail.

Who else has used direct mail? I'm sure alot of posts are going to be negative experiences, but again, you just have to know how to do it right.

Today I get a call from Aslam in Bombay India - really. It seems they are making appts for Medicare and have offered to give me phone appts for $7 to start. They don't take credit cards. They want the first week up front and then will bill after the week.

I got bit once already by a TM and I said not to buy from a cold caller. He found me here I believe.

Anyone else hear from him?

Did you say his name was Ass-Slam???:twitchy:

But seriously...an agent-friend of mine had a few foreign-set appointments up in Northwest Alabama. On one particular appointment, he got out of his car...opened his trunk to get supplies...when he turned around, a deputy sheriff had quickly pulled in the driveway and had his shotgun drawn. My buddy had some 'splainin' to do. What had happened was a ton of seniors in the area had set appointments with those folks whom they couldn't even understand. Then, an agent shows up...unaware that the prospective client didn't have a clue as to what was going on.

Back