Telemarketing offer to me

Well, is a shame you did. I try usually to defend a lot telemarketers, our job is not so easy as you may think, agents that have been on the phone know what I'm talking about, we may set an appt thinking the person is a sure closure, they tell us absolutely everything but when the agent goes in, they want nothing. I had a really bad experience which I hope may make you guys understand a bit more.
About a year ago I had a client, a really sweet lady, she had almost every chronic condition possible, she was low resources, we were on the phone for almost an hour, she was alone, her husband and daughter died on a car accident, she told me the story of her life, and said "I've been waiting to get help or aid in any way it comes, send me someone or visit me so I can sign" (she literally said that, I have the recording)... Now when my agent went over, she found out after only 10 minutes the client was (no other word for it) crazy. She was convinced her daughter was sitting there, and she got mad because the agent would not talk to her ghost, so she started throwing stuff at the agent, who ran off as fast as she could.

You had a really bad experience, but that's no reason to be discouraged, you just learned and made sure everyone knows he was not a good appointment setter. Try to find yourself one that's worth it. As any good thing, it'll take a while to find; be patient and start finding.;)

I'm getting some wierd responses. Why are you giving me advice??? A really sharp agent would have gone along with her and see what developed. No sense in making anyone mad.
:cool:

Atleast i tried sending him 20 appts, May have not turned out to be great. It did invlove telecom cost which was taken care of.
Remember, you agreed to pay upfront had it been a card acceptance. I would take this as a learning experience and would move forward disregarding your negative thoughts.
we are still setting pre set appointments in PA, FL, CA with enough success.
Telephone appointments has been an average conversion with one of our existing clients as well.
We would certainly rectify it in the coming months.

aslam

The experiment was a failure. Twenty phone appts and none of them had any interest in speaking to me.

At least I still have my money.
:cool:

Atleast i tried sending him 20 appts, May have not turned out to be great. It did invlove telecom cost which was taken care of.

Remember, you agreed to pay upfront had it been a card acceptance. I would take this as a learning experience and would move forward disregarding your negative thoughts.
we are still setting pre set appointments in PA, FL, CA with enough success.

Telephone appointments has been an average conversion with one of our existing clients as well.

We would certainly rectify it in the coming months.

aslam

Correct me please, I was under the impression that a telephone appointment meant that Mr/Mrs Customer had expressed interest in a specific item, e.g., insurance, and were willing to speak with Joe Agent to take this a step further, i.e., a face to face appointment to sell.

From what I've read all 20 calls were a waste of time, no one had any interest at all in speaking with "The Rabbi".

Why send him 20 phone numbers of people who weren't interested in speaking with him in the first place?

Would you give a 100% refund, if those calls were paid by him?

"Enough Success" ?

Really? :skeptical:

PM me if you would like telemarketing info which may be helpful. Details and lists need to be mentioned to be sure requirements/standards are met. You can get trial period if necessary and if the calling is legal. Credit card is acceptable payment form. I have done for myself and have purchased . Only serious pm. Like Rabbi.

PM me if you would like telemarketing info which may be helpful. Details and lists need to be mentioned to be sure requirements/standards are met. You can get trial period if necessary and if the calling is legal. Credit card is acceptable payment form. I have done for myself and have purchased . Only serious pm. Like Rabbi.

Don't need a to send a serious pm on this on.

The 20 "appointments" you sent him bombed out. They weren't appointments.

Again, how successful are you with this?

Based on what has been shared here, there are more than a few bugs to work out here; an infestation would be a more apt description.

Reuben,

You quoted me for some reason and responded to
that quote , I guess?

I have to ask you ,
if you realize I have never sent anyone here any
lead(s).?.

If I ever send any lead(s) to anyone for any fee , there would be a formal agreement up front. And satisfaction guaranteed.

I am not in the business of selling leads but I do know how to do my own telemarketing. If I ever did same for any other agent , there would be similar successful results expected. That is why I mentioned serious pm only.

Because there is no need wasting time or effort with unqualified people and situations. I hope this clears it up if necessary. I wish now I had not made the offer as it may have confused some and it lead to no interest anyway(which is fine with me).

In conclusion, your quote of me seems misapplied to your analysis.

Thanks for noticing me. No thanks for attaching me to any exterminating you might wish on some other.

Reuben,

You quoted me for some reason and responded to
that quote , I guess?

I have to ask you ,
if you realize I have never sent anyone here any
lead(s).?.

If I ever send any lead(s) to anyone for any fee , there would be a formal agreement up front. And satisfaction guaranteed.

I am not in the business of selling leads but I do know how to do my own telemarketing. If I ever did same for any other agent , there would be similar successful results expected. That is why I mentioned serious pm only.

Because there is no need wasting time or effort with unqualified people and situations. I hope this clears it up if necessary. I wish now I had not made the offer as it may have confused some and it lead to no interest anyway(which is fine with me).

In conclusion, your quote of me seems misapplied to your analysis.

Thanks for noticing me. No thanks for attaching me to any exterminating you might wish on some other.

My sincere apologies. I had made the assumption (A dire habit at best.) that the blurb I commented on was from the "Marketing Genius" who felt that the calls placed constituted "successful appointments."

Flaming on the internet, and/or causing offence to people I don't know, and, in this case, know a tad more about insurance than I, is somethat I avoid at all costs.

Again, my apoligies.

Regards
Reuben Dunn
Whittier California

Reuben, Thank you for clearing it up. I got your pm
that says what your post does here and appreciate
your sincerity. Best of success to you,
Slim

Latest posts

Back