Telemarketing offer to me

Well, I work as a telemarketer and just a few responses here.

1- Accent IS important, if clients don't understand what we're saying both the agent and telemarketer can get into a lot of trouble.
2- Even if a telemarketer is in India or Panama or Kuwait, is necessary to have a telemarketing license, or it'll be illegal... That might be a way for many Agents to have a proof that they're not being scammed and if there is any trouble with the leads, can be prosecuted legally as if he/she was in US. As long as they work for the US they need to have it.
3- Make sure he's not saying he's Medicare when he sets an appointment. If he can't be clear on the mail he sent you, he won't probably be clear on the phone talking to a client.

Personally, I wouldn't want a guy from India calling anyone using my name and contact information... who are they (FCC) going to go after if anything goes wrong? Not to mention, we're talking Medicare here.

The guy in India or me? My money says they're coming after me if he screws up.

Personally, I wouldn't want a guy from India calling anyone using my name and contact information... .

Considering there is a large population of Indians in my area (not native American), I'm not so sure this is a bad thing....

Dan

Questions I have...

If he is calling from India and calls someone on the DNC list, what course of action is there? Can he throw you under the bus?

How strong is his accent or the ones of telemarketers calling? Will seniors know beyond a doubt that they are foreign?

What is the script that he is using?

How old are the donkeys?

I am totally open to being corrected if I am wrong....but, my understanding is that if Punjab from wherever calls someone from the DNC list, it is just like you called them from here in the states. He would be working as an "arm" of your own business. Thus, you would be responsible. Older and wiser forum members, please correct me if I am wrong.

The accent is going to be the kicker. The elder generations of this country do not appreciate what has been done in shipping jobs to other nations. I can think of dozens of Senior Citizens who would not give "air in a jug" to someone with a foreign accent who called to set an appointment or sell them something. For much of the senior market is it simply an offense...as well as for much of my own generation.

You just lost all credibility with me.
:cool:

Well, is a shame you did. I try usually to defend a lot telemarketers, our job is not so easy as you may think, agents that have been on the phone know what I'm talking about, we may set an appt thinking the person is a sure closure, they tell us absolutely everything but when the agent goes in, they want nothing. I had a really bad experience which I hope may make you guys understand a bit more.
About a year ago I had a client, a really sweet lady, she had almost every chronic condition possible, she was low resources, we were on the phone for almost an hour, she was alone, her husband and daughter died on a car accident, she told me the story of her life, and said "I've been waiting to get help or aid in any way it comes, send me someone or visit me so I can sign" (she literally said that, I have the recording)... Now when my agent went over, she found out after only 10 minutes the client was (no other word for it) crazy. She was convinced her daughter was sitting there, and she got mad because the agent would not talk to her ghost, so she started throwing stuff at the agent, who ran off as fast as she could.

You had a really bad experience, but that's no reason to be discouraged, you just learned and made sure everyone knows he was not a good appointment setter. Try to find yourself one that's worth it. As any good thing, it'll take a while to find; be patient and start finding.;)

Back