Telling my AD I was leaving was the hardest thing to do

Quite a few people who have had successful careers elsewhere migrate to the insurance business only to fall flat.

You are a one man band. You buy/generate leads, learn the product, learn the right way to INTERVIEW prospects and turn them into clients, keep the books, set aside for taxes, pay for gas, phone, etc

And you need enough left over to keep the lights on at home.

This is not like almost any other sales job, and it isn't for everyone.

If you know your product, and you still have your license, and you still decide to leave, you will meet people in your next job who you relate to by profession. Walk the walk, talk the talk, keep your contacts and bird dog for a while. Pass on the referral, get your buddies to write the business and take a few extra dollars home each week. You will find a market that you can speak with and sell to. Then get back in the game and prosper

From Top Gun. Maverick you have a confidence problem. Find a mentor and do what they do. You have to become another person in business.

Look up some personal development on you tube and go for it one more time...

Where I screwed up at when I took the job was biting on the idea that if you make enough sales to meet bonus schedule for a certain amount of time and AP sold, you would qualify for company convention, which this year was in the Dominican Republic, and then next year will be at Ceaser’s Palace in Las Vegas. That was over my head, that’s for the big money producing agents. I probably could have made that if I had what it took to succeed, but my skills just weren’t even close to adequate. Last few weeks before I gave up I felt like I was sorely misplaced and didn’t really belong in that realm. It was cute for a while, but reality slapped me in the face hard and knocked me out with a big heaping serving of humble pie and crow, mixed in with humiliation as well. It was horribly embarrassing to see just how behind the curve I was compared to everyone else. All three of the other agents I worked with out of the local office are well on their way to making it to the convention.

You have the License - use it and work part-time. Peeps will help you along the way - whoever you get contracts through.

Sell two $50 a month FE policies a week.

Our Program: [ you have many options ]

75% Contract with 10 B & C Leads each Week. Receive 5 A Leads for each policy you sell.

100% Contract if you don't need Leads.

6 Month Advance and 6 Months of Paythru.

Monthly Revenue breakdown as follows if on 75%:

8 policies x $50 x 6 months x 75% = $1800 - 1st Year Commission Advances

- 1 Chargeback @ $225 = $1,575 net commissions. Do this every month.

Starting Month #7 - your Paythrus kick in. Let's assume you have 35 paying Clients ( allows for addt chargebacks / recisions, etc ) - that would be 35 Clients x $50 premium x 75% commission = $1,312 each Month.

Add the $1,312 in Paythrus to your $1,575 in 1st Year Advances and you could make $2,887 every month selling Part-Time while you work your normal job. Part-time!

We keep it simple. Instant Decision Apps with CFG ( Columbian ), Americo Eagle, MoO ( little buggy right now ) and AIG. Phone Sales with CFG and LBL ( Liberty Bankers Life ) . . . All of the Apps do the Underwriting for you - don't have to be an expert from Day #1 . . .

You need hand holding and lot's of training and ride alongs . . . We have Agents in Alabama.

Let me know if we can help.

And man the taste of defeat really stinks.

You don't have to be defeated. If you carefully go through these forums and find the right upline for your goals, you'll see this setback as one of the best things that ever happened to you. The best thing you can do is get yourself on a scalable, efficient leads based selling system. Lots of 6 figure producers are here to teach you exactly how to do it.

There's a lot of false promises and bullshit pyramid schemes out there offering good money for minimal effort. Yes, insurance sales is real work, but still not much effort compared to what I see most people do to make 6 figures a year. Compared to the way my brother slaves in a warehouse 80 hours a week feeling like his job is on the line, this is the Zen Master's way to make 6 figures.

Don't give up on yourself or you'll regret it. I may be wrong, but it seems to me if you really knew this wasn't for you, it wouldn't bother you so much. A year ago I was in your situation, feeling burned and broke, and washed out. I took a year off and I'm back because I know that at the end of the day, this is the best way to make a great living. For me anyways. Just make sure you're not cutting yourself short.

Probably the biggest issue for me was just not having any real leads to go with. I did have leads through the company, but many of those were old leads, and there were quite a few nonworking phone numbers and bad addresses in those. A lot of people had long since moved, and those that were still there had apparently never even inquired about any sort of insurance, and were not interested in it.

That left me with friends and family to work with. Most all of my family is in Georgia, and I couldn’t sell outside Alabama, and my friends were also having their own financial struggles and couldn’t really afford to buy anything. So that left me with cold calling. Nobody in my office really did cold calling and door knocking, as it was not an effective way to generate leads. They did stuff through their friends and family, and rolled leads from referrals off of them. And also, with them being at the supervising agent level, they were able to prospect businesses for sales. As the very bottom of the totem pole, “Career Agent”, I did not have the authority, nor the training to do so businesses.

So with nothing to work with, I had to cold call and door knock. Most of which usually ended with getting hung up on, doors shut in my face, and even getting cussed out a few times as well. And 5 months later from my hire, I just decided I wasn’t going to go anywhere, and I was likely to be terminated soon anyway for non-production. One small modified life policy of $3000, along with about 3 of the company’s introductory no-cost accidental death benefit for $3000($3000 also on spouse if applicable, $1000 per child if applicable.) was all I was able to write.

Probably the biggest issue for me was just not having any real leads to go with. I did have leads through the company, but many of those were old leads, and there were quite a few nonworking phone numbers and bad addresses in those. A lot of people had long since moved, and those that were still there had apparently never even inquired about any sort of insurance, and were not interested in it.

That left me with friends and family to work with. Most all of my family is in Georgia, and I couldn’t sell outside Alabama, and my friends were also having their own financial struggles and couldn’t really afford to buy anything. So that left me with cold calling. Nobody in my office really did cold calling and door knocking, as it was not an effective way to generate leads. They did stuff through their friends and family, and rolled leads from referrals off of them. And also, with them being at the supervising agent level, they were able to prospect businesses for sales. As the very bottom of the totem pole, “Career Agent”, I did not have the authority, nor the training to do so businesses.

So with nothing to work with, I had to cold call and door knock. Most of which usually ended with getting hung up on, doors shut in my face, and even getting cussed out a few times as well. And 5 months later from my hire, I just decided I wasn’t going to go anywhere, and I was likely to be terminated soon anyway for non-production. One small modified life policy of $3000, along with about 3 of the company’s introductory no-cost accidental death benefit for $3000($3000 also on spouse if applicable, $1000 per child if applicable.) was all I was able to write.

Leads are the life line to success - no doubt.

Have you found the "job" you were seeking?

Yea - don't write F&F until you are making money in the biz. Save that fruit for later.

You most def need a non-resident license for Georgia based on your location. Tennessee too . . . $115 for each State.

Can you make phone calls from home to do some TeleSales to fill in gaps and stay out the weather on bad days?

Don't give up. Find that job and pay your bills. Sell Insurance on the side part-time until you are making double what the "job" pays and then go full-time.

Also - get with a group that will guide you in the sales process. With CFG and other Apps a bouncing elephant or laughing monkey can sell Final Expense. We can help.

Go watch every video Doug has. Subscribe to his youtube channel:

Back