Temporary Insurance License

I'm with Primerica and we do set people up with temporary license and also set you up with the classes to get your permanent license. I am also located in Georgia.

one2desire212 said:
I'm with Primerica and we do set people up with temporary license and also set you up with the classes to get your permanent license. I am also located in Georgia.

Are you Primerica people in such a rush to get to your victims uh I mean clients that you can't wait till you hold a real license?

Don't listen to most of these ridiculous responses...

there are a multitude of reasons that an agent would get a temporary license. I actually had an agent in Texas get one a few years back because, like your family member, he was new to the industry but had a lot of conatacts from his mortgage background. While he was studying for his test he got a temporary license and I was able to get him approved with LSW under my MGA contract. I obviously had to 'sign off' on it but the State of Texas and also LSW approved it at the time. I went on an appointment with him and split the case prior to him having a 'real' license. it was the only way that I could legally and ethically pay him $8,000'ish commission on the case so he was quite pleased that he got the temporary while studying his craft.

To say that a temporary license "smells like a lawsuit" is silly. States and companies wouldn't allow for it in their regulations if all was not OK.

I'm not sure if LSW still offers this but I'd be more than happy to call a VP over there if you'd like to find out.

Flyairman said:
Don't listen to most of these ridiculous responses...

there are a multitude of reasons that an agent would get a temporary license. I actually had an agent in Texas get one a few years back because, like your family member, he was new to the industry but had a lot of conatacts from his mortgage background. While he was studying for his test he got a temporary license and I was able to get him approved with LSW under my MGA contract. I obviously had to 'sign off' on it but the State of Texas and also LSW approved it at the time. I went on an appointment with him and split the case prior to him having a 'real' license. it was the only way that I could legally and ethically pay him $8,000'ish commission on the case so he was quite pleased that he got the temporary while studying his craft.

To say that a temporary license "smells like a lawsuit" is silly. States and companies wouldn't allow for it in their regulations if all was not OK.

I'm not sure if LSW still offers this but I'd be more than happy to call a VP over there if you'd like to find out.

Many states allow a spouse or family member to get a temporary license so as to continue recieving commissions from an agent that has passed. Other than the fact your agent had a deal there was no pressing reason he could not have waited till he passed his test an recieved a real license.

I agree Norway guy...

Yes, the agent had a pending deal that he conjured nearly on accident. I know, I know, don't we all wish that would happen more often! :-)

I don't see a reason to get it beyond a spouse or family death or the reason above.

Cheers!

Flyairman said:
I agree Norway guy...

Yes, the agent had a pending deal that he conjured nearly on accident. I know, I know, don't we all wish that would happen more often! :-)

I don't see a reason to get it beyond a spouse or family death or the reason above.

Cheers!

Good for him...Even better that he took someone with him. I guess my big deal is the license is already so easy to get and really is a bare minimum of knowledge.

Georgia is a state that has a temp lic. It is for 90 days or 180 days, i don't remember.

it is actually 15 months
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Are you Primerica people in such a rush to get to your victims uh I mean clients that you can't wait till you hold a real license?

actually it is to give people a chance to see if they like what they do. if they don't like it they have nothing to lose. they also do not pay for their temp license primerica does....
Hello all. I have a family member who would like to begin selling life insurance and resides in Georgia. He worked for mass mutual several years ago yet hasn't been licensed for over 8 years. Does anyone know which carriers will allow him to get appointed/ write business with his temporary license in Georgia? Thus far, the only carriers I found were Foresters & American Amicable.

Thanks!
Anyone in Georgia with knowledge of carriers who will appoint agents with a Temporary license???

yes I do feel free to email me [email protected]

Last edited:
it is actually 15 months

actually it is to give people a chance to see if they like what they do. if they don't like it they have nothing to lose. they also do not pay for their temp license primerica does....

yes I do feel free to email me [email protected]

So do the new people get paid for the first "practice" warm market sales they are required to set up?

Back