Termination Letters to Clients for ACA.

ggbh

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I know that most agents here, HATE to give real solid advise. (We all agents, know what I am saying). However....this I have found important, and I need EVERY AGENT to call in and complain. Apparently, my recent CSR girls have NOT heard this complaint as of yet. ONLY 1, decided to put in their so-called "feed-back" on their own. She was genuinely upset, THINKING that ACA was running smoothly until she got to know me on the phone.

Lately, in the past month...ALTHOUGH WE PERSONALLY UPLOADED ALL VERIFICATIONS BEFORE DUE DATE...received a letter denying them their subsidy.

Reason? The verifications were not received (although uploaded & mailed). The verifications were not processed. The verifications were decided to NOT pass their qualifications (how does a passport not qualify?).

So, when on the phone with a CSR girl today....apparently, she spoke honestly on how she DOES NOT HEAR these problems, and that ACA is running smoothly in their minds from their instructions.

I am making money from ACA. But, when you hear this...now you think of a couple of things. You educate them. She walked away with a whole different perspective. She put me on hold for 10 mins to put that in, although she can't transfer me to tier 2.

PUT IN and REQUEST YOUR FEEDBACKS! Do something, which is better than nothing. ANd, GO THE EXTRA mile and contact your STATE ACA director.

;):goofy:

These clients do not even get a letter for "additional information" they are just dropped. They don't even get a chance to respond.

Last edited:
I know that most agents here, HATE to give real solid advise. (We all agents, know what I am saying). However....this I have found important, and I need EVERY AGENT to call in and complain. Apparently, my recent CSR girls have NOT heard this complaint as of yet. ONLY 1, decided to put in their so-called "feed-back" on their own. She was genuinely upset, THINKING that ACA was running smoothly until she got to know me on the phone.

Lately, in the past month...ALTHOUGH WE PERSONALLY UPLOADED ALL VERIFICATIONS BEFORE DUE DATE...received a letter denying them their subsidy.

Reason? The verifications were not received (although uploaded & mailed). The verifications were not processed. The verifications were decided to NOT pass their qualifications (how does a passport not qualify?).

So, when on the phone with a CSR girl today....apparently, she spoke honestly on how she DOES NOT HEAR these problems, and that ACA is running smoothly in their minds from their instructions.

I am making money from ACA. But, when you hear this...now you think of a couple of things. You educate them. She walked away with a whole different perspective. She put me on hold for 10 mins to put that in, although she can't transfer me to tier 2.

PUT IN and REQUEST YOUR FEEDBACKS! Do something, which is better than nothing. ANd, GO THE EXTRA mile and contact your STATE ACA director.

;):goofy:

These clients do not even get a letter for "additional information" they are just dropped. They don't even get a chance to respond.

At the point you felt you needed to Educate her you should have hung up the phone and called back for a more intelligent person.

:D:D:D Educating a Navigator or "CSR" as stated at HC.gov....that has got to be the funniest things I've ever heard.

They don't care, the state refers you back to CMS, CMS doesn't care, HHS doesn't care, the current administration DOESN'T CARE!

This isn't new. Those of us who have offerd HC.gov subsidized plans know this.

Originally Posted by ggbh View Post

I know that most agents here, HATE to give real solid advise.

WTH are you talking about? I write new business almost every dang day due to giving REAL SOLID ADVICE!!

Originally Posted by ggbh View Post

I know that most agents here, HATE to give real solid advise.

WTH are you talking about? I write new business almost every dang day due to giving REAL SOLID ADVICE!!

I believe Agent to agent advice...not agent to consumer. It's only speculation based off the context that followed the "Hey don't answer my question agents." statement. :biggrin:

GGBH, You're now experiencing what has been happening with increasing frequency at the Marketplace. There are several threads filled with agents expressing their frustrations and actions taken to provide feedbacks to CSRs and various government leadership.

Here is the most recent thread, of many...
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...e-terminate-not-sending-documents-t73346.html

As TKruger succinctly put it, the "people" who run and man the Exchange Marketplaces do not care if our clients lose their subsidies, or, if we are removed from being their agent of record. In fact, there's evidence that they are rewarded for saving the government and the insurance companies money. President Obama lobbied for this ACA monster to become law, and then walked away, leaving pinch-penny government bureaucrats in charge. It's been downhill from there. Hopefully the Supreme Court will speed up Obamacare's ongoing implosion and ultimate demise.

Yes, it is a mess. We are all doing everything we possibly can to focus on the client. This is coming up daily all day long now.

Latest posts

Back