Texas life license non resident - missed renewal date in March

Runtime25

Hi,

If anyone could help me out, I’d be very appreciative. I was doing an application over the phone for a client in Texas this evening and I always lookup to check and see if my license is up to date in states I haven’t sold in a while. My renewal due date was 03/31/2022 and it seems that I’ve missed it…

Went to sircon and nipr to check and see if it would let me late renew it and the states did not pop up…

Does this mean that I need to go back and apply for an initial or am I going to have to call the Texas insurance in order to get this straight?

Any advice would be great and I appreciate you all in advance!

Hi,

If anyone could help me out, I’d be very appreciative. I was doing an application over the phone for a client in Texas this evening and I always lookup to check and see if my license is up to date in states I haven’t sold in a while. My renewal due date was 03/31/2022 and it seems that I’ve missed it…

Went to sircon and nipr to check and see if it would let me late renew it and the states did not pop up…

Does this mean that I need to go back and apply for an initial or am I going to have to call the Texas insurance in order to get this straight?

Any advice would be great and I appreciate you all in advance!
As Todd says, you can reapply but be prepared to pay extra for "reinstatement".

Texas, like most states, I believe is a "birthday month" reinstatement. So if your birthday is in March, be prepared to have half of your state licenses renew (mine seem to have half renew one year and the other half the next)

It's the worst birthday present ever, a bill for a few grand to re-up all of your state licenses.

Last edited:
If you let Texas go as a resident you will face up to 1500 to get your license back. That is for resident. I don't know if non resident is the same.

Your license was not renewed for one or more of the following reasons:

· You have not completed your continuing education (CE) requirements.

· You have not paid your fine for not completing your CE on time.

· You have not paid your renewal fee.

To reinstate your license, you must obtain new fingerprints from IdentoGO and reapply through www.nipr.com or www.sircon.com/Texas.You also must complete any outstanding CE requirements.

If your license remains inactive for more than one year, you must also pass a new licensing exam in order to reinstate your license.

Sincerely,

Agent and Adjuster Licensing Office

Texas Department of Insurance

Back