The Dental End-all-be-all Thread...

I'm finding that it's an impossibility to stay away from writing dental plans.. Spirit, Monico, and Delta have all been considered, but I'm wondering, what carrier offers the best value???... I'm hoping it's not like medSups where you really do have to appoint with every plan available to meet customer needs.

Im appointed with Medico but have never sold it. I also am set up with dentalplans.com which offer discount plans that are about $100-$200 per year. With the discount plans, participating dentists agree to take a cut rate of about 50%. There are no claims to worry about. I have one for my family and am happy with it.

Dental is worth getting, if for no other reason, to keep the customer from shopping with other agents. Pick up one plan, sell it to them if they want it. Commission aint great, but it keeps other agents out of the house.

I use Medico. Dental/Vision/Hearing. Its not a great plan (most aint), but I feel the customer gets a good bang for their buck with the DVH combo, and no networks. Its enough to keep them satisfied. I usually write it usuing the E-app

I have never lost a client because I failed to push dental. Even had a few buy elsewhere and then later regretted it. Said I was right that it was a waste of money.

I love being right.

I like security life's plan as well.

It's simple... there is perceived value in being able to go to 2 dental appts per year and walk out with little to no bill.

Plus the added benefits of the basic and major services at significantly lower prices.

Like someone else said, the commission pays for some coffee...

Since this is the "Dental End-all-be-all Thread..." can we finally stop talking about a crappy product like this?

Rick

Agree and Medico just lowered commissions on their plan.....

Since we introduced the Dental, Vision & Hearing (DVH) Plus product in 2013, the product has ran well and is very popular with agents and consumers. Though our projections for the products loss ratio is running well, the persistency in the first year is below the pricing of the product. This is requiring Medico® Insurance Company to make a change. With great regret, the only place that we can make a change to the product is to reduce the commission percentage. As you are aware, Medico® Insurance Company's DVH Plus commission level was one of the highest in the industry. With this reduction in commission, the product will still have a very competitive commission level.

I use Cigna mostly for my senior market because they waive the waiting period if you had dental coverage within the last 60 days(it's between 60 and 62 days, not sure exact number). Also, 15% off premium for spouse or dependent. So, it fits nicely with seniors coming off employer coverage when retiring. We all know they love some dental. It's pretty good coverage as well. Although I don't have a ton of dental policies on the books, I haven't had ONE service call about any issues. I agree with most folks on here though, it's not going to make you rich and may not be worth it to some. I really only do it as an extra service, and DEFINITELY to keep them from speaking with another agent.

I write some dental insurance still, a plan last week. I highly recommend Humana plans if they are available in your area. I also helped out a dentist get recontracted with Medservant (Humana's 3rd party claims processing for dentists) because it was taking forever for the contract to renew. I talked to the top managers in my state to get Humana to push through their contract because there was almost 50 patients waiting for this coverage.
Next week I will have a meeting with him to place referral dental insurance materials in his office for helping him out.

Back