The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

I get Medicare 9/1!!!! Just gotta get thru August. All of my self employed slightly younger friends are squirming - old without subsidy.

Wondering whether Trump will have more success with tax grab than healthcare.

Every example I can find of his businesses say he takes his payout and leaves associates holding the bag.

Well based on the past administration Healthcare insurance issues should all be fixed by now based on the promises they made. Their untested plan.
You should all be covered and happy

----------

More surprises to come the current president shouldn't have to be dealing with this. I say yank all the insurance coverage from all the politicians and this will get fixed quick... especially the ones that voted for ACA.
It would appear my children's insurance is going to get yanked too if GF plans end.
This is a major sh&#%
Yank Pelosi's first..... I'm sure she has one of those 0 deductible plans where she doesn't pay anything out of pocket for anything. McCain getting his surgery at Mayo Clinic up the road from me I wonder why he's not going to the VA?

Last edited:
Here is information about the Executive Order that President Trump is expected to issue/sign during the week of October 9th 2017...

Excerpted from: https://www.redstate.com/streiff/20...-give-obamacare-planned-parenthood-treatment/

""Mr. Trump will order three agencies, the departments of Health and Human Services, Labor and Treasury, to take steps to make it easier for people to band together and buy insurance through “association health plans,” the official said.

Such plans would in some ways be like large employer’s health plans, subject to some restrictions set by the Affordable Care Act, including a ban on lifetime limits. But they would be free of other regulations, including the requirement that insurance plans cover a set package of benefits. These plans are popular with conservatives; some insurers fear that associations would peel off healthier and younger individuals and leave traditional insurance plans to cover sicker and older customers.

The president also will order the agencies to start winding back an Obama-era rule curbing coverage known as “short-term medical insurance,” a low-cost but limited-protection option, and allow people to once again buy those plans for up to a year, the official said.

The Obama administration banned the sale of those plans that offered coverage for more than 90 days, arguing they were inadequate for people’s needs. Some industry officials have pressed the administration to restore them, saying that when marketed honestly they can fit the needs of particular consumers currently priced out of buying the more generous coverage available as a result of the 2010 health-care overhaul.

In addition, the executive order would order agencies to expand health reimbursement accounts, employer-funded arrangements that employees can use to pay out-of-pocket medical costs and premiums. Obama-era guidance from 2013 had prevented pretax employer dollars in the arrangements from being used to buy health insurance on the individual market.

The three moves would represent the most substantive step the White House has taken to date in paring back Affordable Care Act rules using administrative powers. They don’t go as far as many critics of the law would like but are likely to be followed by other steps, administration officials said.""

-ac

This could make a significant change in the market for many people. In particular, the roll-back of the STM restriction would make a huge difference in many states. The HRA thing is "too little, too late", and the Association idea.... well... is a funny idea.

This could make a significant change in the market for many people. In particular, the roll-back of the STM restriction would make a huge difference in many states. The HRA thing is "too little, too late", and the Association idea.... well... is a funny idea.

Killing the STM restriction should be easy and immediate.

We'll have to see how fast insurance companies can re-establish their linkage to Associations. I sold a lot of those before Metal plans became the only coverage that was legal.

I've never sold group plans, but it sounds like the Executive Order will once again allow employers to pay for employees' non-group Individual Health policies?

how fast insurance companies can re-establish their linkage to Associations

or how many even want to.

Most of the associations of old were self funded. Once states outlawed them and required them to be fully insured, most associations faded from view.

IF this becomes reality I would expect to see private label associations to hit the scene first. Might be some initiated by carriers.

or how many even want to.

Most of the associations of old were self funded. Once states outlawed them and required them to be fully insured, most associations faded from view.

IF this becomes reality I would expect to see private label associations to hit the scene first. Might be some initiated by carriers.

Before ObamaCare, when I sold IHC-IAC health insurance, the applicant had to pay $4.95 a month to be a member of the Communicating for America ASSOCIATION, or they couldn't buy the health plan.

How is this different from what you're describing, Somarco?

BTW...what does everyone think of the new Insurance-Forums.com layout and forum structure??

Back