The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

Penalty..............ain't no stinkin' penalty

Fewer people hit with Obamacare penalty last year - Aug. 24, 2017

Some 4 million households paid the Obamacare penalty for not having health insurance last year, new Internal Revenue Service data shows.
That's down from 5.6 million a year earlier.
The average penalty was $708, according to the report filed by the agency's Taxpayer Advocate Service, which looked at returns filed through April 27.
Powered by SmartAsset.com

SMARTASSET.COM
Also, roughly 10.7 million households requested exemptions from the individual mandate, which requires nearly all Americans to have coverage or pay a penalty. People can request exemptions for a variety of reasons, including if coverage is considered unaffordable -- when premiums are more than 8.13% of their household income -- or they were unable to renew existing coverage.

Wah! And the dems didn't appreciate the agent role. The article has a lot of truth to it. Too bad the prior admin put us at war with Nav's, trying to replace agents.

Bemoaning Budget Cuts, Navigators Say Feds Don’t Appreciate Scope Of The Job | Kaiser Health News

----------

The private market always steps up. You like the image on the ad? Pretty dramatic.
In Chicago, the ads show bullet holes in victims to entice them to get covered and not be a burden on the state taxpayer.

Private Insurer Steps Up To Advertise Open Enrollment For Obamacare : Shots - Health News : NPR

advertising from private insurers won't be able to match the power of the advertising in years past by the federal government,

Perhaps that is because private companies generally have limited advertising budgets while the govt doesn't have that constraint.

That is one of the primary reasons why I decided to boycott the Obamacare market. Spending my own money to promote my business while at the same time DC is taking my tax dollars to fund their own promotion didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Back