The Doughnut Hole

Thanks for the information, SAI. You are correct, there is coverage during the gap by Sierra. In PA, the cost is $104.50 a month; however there is a fly in the ointment. She is in a MA plan (Aetna) and cannot have a separate Part D. Maybe when open enrollment rolls around, I can talk her into a Med Supp with a Sierra Part D.

I am virginal here but why do you say that she cannot have a separate Part D plan. Is that a company or governement restriction?

Winter

Does Aetna have a PDP attached to the MA?
I understood that a stand alone MA without a PDP, could get a stand along PDP. That is here in Illinois at least.

I am not really familiar with the Aetna MA, but will be researching it. I do know that with BX (Keystone) MA plans an enrolee cannot have a stand alone PDP----it must be part of the Keystone Plan. I am not sure, but I think the requirement is a company thing rather than a government requirement.

I am looking to hire a body gaurd for this forum. Anyone want to protect me from Brocko and Al3? lol. Yes we did come to an understanding but that post was prior to the other one but after yours about the one that I was saying that I didn't know much.

The last time I ran numbers on the Sierra plan, it was cheaper to have a plan with the donut hole then pay the additional premium for Part D.

Humana had a complete plan when Part D first came out and got rid of it because they lost lots of money on it.

She might want to try Wal Mart for her generics. They have a $4 generic drug program where you can get most generics filled with just a $4 copayment. This program is open to anyone regardless of age and insurance coverage. Also, the Partnership for prescription assistance can let her know about local/state programs in her state and free medications directly from the pharmacutical companies. They're phone # is 888-477-2669 or there website is pparx.org

NeedyMeds is another great one. I saw someone had posted that also.

Back