THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM - ITS OVER - END OF THE WORLD

Last time this cycle was where it was now was the 1930s. After everything was straitened out we had a massive economic boom in the 40s-60s and everyone got a long well with each other.

Yeah, but I could argue that we had ww2 to pull us out.

Furthermore, people wanted to work, and hadn't been sitting around for the last 30 years eating themselves to death.

I don't know what you guys are experiencing, but in Texas, all is well.

Yes, rates have gone crazy. But everyone still needs home and auto insurance. And the higher rates do hurt retention, but it also means a million shoppers for you to land. Our retention rate is down from last year, but our production is way up. Record year for PIF growth.

This is beyond a "hard" "market". This is a meltdown. Have we as society just been wrong about the true level of risk in our day to day lives? Just the insurance rate increases alone are enough to through the economy into a recession. I was told by an E/S broker that "we aren't even in a hard market yet". WTF! What is about to happen? How can this go on?

You need to get on the other post with the guy that wants to start a scratch agency and is asking about which MGA is best! LOL.

Back