The HSA Push, is It Really a Good Deal?

No problem.

The bank account is separate from the plan - many folks have an HSA eligible plan but don't have an actual health savings account. Not only do you not ever have to put a cent in your account, you don't ever even have to set one up to have the coverage.

Most consumers do not want hsa plans. Most are conditioned on co pays.

Affluent clients it's a no brainer. Selling it to Joe six pack you will hear "so my monthly premium goes to the savings account each month?"

lol

Most consumers do not want hsa plans. Most are conditioned on co pays.

Affluent clients it's a no brainer. Selling it to Joe six pack you will hear "so my monthly premium goes to the savings account each month?"

lol

I disagree. After the most basic copay vs. HSA presentation over 70% of my clients choose HSAs.

Then you are heavily steering them that way or you are not working general population Internet leads.

Or premium on co pay plans is through the roof in your market.

I have a hsa font get me wrong I like the concept.

However most Internet leads see no value in paying premium and getting nothing until $5000 is spent. Wait until they use it and god forbid they use it in the first year or so they are in big ttouble

Nope. I put the copay plan next to the HSA, explain both and honest, I don't care which one they choose. 70%+ of the time they choose the HSA.

But no, I don't work internet leads. I find the general IQ of internet lead prospects to be right around 100. Would you put all of your personal information of a form then wonder why people are calling you?

Here's the rule - and there are obviously exceptions - but if they close on the first call they're impetuous and probably 10 points higher than legally retarded. All the people who sign up easily, lapse easily. They are also the same people who complain the most and require the most customer service.

Last edited:
You mean "special needs" TXINSURANCE? You don't want to be "politically incorrect" do you?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Every trade mag and carrier is pushing HSAs. I love how we're constantly being asked as consumers to do more with less to "save money". How about we fix the real problems with healthcare like illegal immigration, doctor fraud and excessive lawsuits and then we can all be happy with choosing a $500 deductible without being guilted into buying the "economy package"?

Last edited:
As opposed to what? Buying exclusive leads and running out of money first?

It's all about roi.

Shared at $1 with 1% close or exclusive at $100 with 100% close is the same COA of $100 per app.

Most agents should buy shared or aged until they figure out what they are doing.

Back