The Lion's Share of the FE Market - Closing 117 of 585

The method would already exist if it were possible. Those 585 make up the other segment of business that is referrals or an already established customer. If you're of a certain age than you most certainly have received a card in the mail by now or seen an ad for FE. If you never responded but have a need than you make up the 585, but I very much believe those folks can be swayed by a good referral or an already strong relationship with you.

Other than that I don't know how to get them. In a perfect world you'd go to a new church every Sunday and right when the preacher has all the folks feeling guilty and saying their "praise lords" you are allowed to hop up there and hit em with some guilt about leaving their kids behind with their funeral costs.

Bet you'd fill out plenty of applications :D

Since you've returned you sure have been bitter. What gives? Do you even sell FE or anything other than RX cards?

I'm interested in the hours and days you worked to get those sales. Do you mean you knocked on 360 doors or had 360 that answered? Also did you close 3 percent of 1000 or of 360?

Exactly the questions I was going to ask Steve.

TDF
Sent via my Verizon Samsung G4

I'm new at FE so I may be way off here. But don't we reach those other 585 by rotating back to the same area every 60-90 days.

Somebody might get mailed 5 or 6 times before they mail the card back. Let's say you mailed the same person for two years without response, then they see a friend or family member pass and surviving kids struggle to pay for final expenses. It's gets them to thinking and they send back the card.

Also, switching up your cards may spark folks to return because something different about the card causes them to mail back.

I'm new at FE so I may be way off here. But don't we reach those other 585 by rotating back to the same area every 60-90 days.

Somebody might get mailed 5 or 6 times before they mail the card back. Let's say you mailed the same person for two years without response, then they see a friend or family member pass and surviving kids struggle to pay for final expenses. It's gets them to thinking and they send back the card.

Also, switching up your cards may spark folks to return because something different about the card causes them to mail back.

Yes Sir! Filler, filler, filler

TDF
Sent via my Verizon Samsung G4

I'm interested in the hours and days you worked to get those sales. Do you mean you knocked on 360 doors or had 360 that answered? Also did you close 3 percent of 1000 or of 360?
I average about a 35% contact ratio. That means the people who answer the door and I speak to. So that month I spoke to 360 people and wrote 9 apps. About 2.5%

I don't set appointments because when I do, usually they are never there when I arrive. If I can't see them now, then I find out what their days and times they are usually home and drop by then.

Hours: Sun up to Sun down! Mon-Sat.

Total grind if you ask me! If you can cash-flow it, stick to buying leads!

Last edited:
I average about a 35% contact ratio. That means the people who answer the door and I speak to. So that month I spoke to 360 people and wrote 9 apps. About 2.5%

I don't set appointments because when I do, usually they are never there when I arrive. If I can't see them now, then I find out what their days and times they are usually home and drop by then.

Hours: Sun up to Sun down! Mon-Sat.

Total grind if you ask me! If you can cash-flow it, stick to buying leads!

You do realize that the sun's coming up between 5:30-6AM? I can't believe that you're knocking on someone's door at that time.:skeptical:

You do realize that the sun's coming up between 5:30-6AM? I can't believe that you're knocking on someone's door at that time.:skeptical:

For senior/FE calls you're right! My local city residential solicitation hours ordinance is 9am to 9pm.

For agents who make self employed calls though, I find a lot crews already on the job site by 7am! Mechanic shop owners too! I try to get a few life or DI introductions out the way before I start making my senior calls at 9am.

That month I did strictly FE calls only though! Which I don't think I would want to do again!

Last edited:
Back