The Official Fess Up Thread.

Cornelius

Guru
1000 Post Club
Every now and then we get new agents who are shall we say skittish about hitting the field. Now I know we all have messed up in the beginning and maybe even today still do at times.

So if y'all can be so kind can you fess up on your screw up that you can laugh about today? One of mine was driving about an hour and a half on the wrong day of an appointment. Client let me present anyway. They said come back a few days later to give quotes and write up policy.

While there I used a scratch paper and when done asked them to throw it away for me. The paper had ALL of their contact information on it. I had no way to contact them. Never heard from them again. I guess they figured I blew them off.

Oh one more. LOL. Through out the day driving around knowing I needed to gas up I put it off. Had a late appointment and figured to get gas on the way to appointment. Well put that off too until after the appointment. Left client got about half mile away no gas in tank. I forgot my wallet at home. Hoofed it back to clients house to use phone to get buddy out of bed. Client offered to assist me but I said no thanks.

My buddy shows up cussed me out and I drive home. When I went back to clients house the next time they gave it to asking if I had gas or needed gas. The wife asked for my ID to make sure I had my wallet. :D

Every now and then we get new agents who are shall we say skittish about hitting the field. Now I know we all have messed up in the beginning and maybe even today still do at times.

So if y'all can be so kind can you fess up on your screw up that you can laugh about today? One of mine was driving about an hour and a half on the wrong day of an appointment. Client let me present anyway. They said come back a few days later to give quotes and write up policy.

While there I used a scratch paper and when done asked them to throw it away for me. The paper had ALL of their contact information on it. I had no way to contact them. Never heard from them again. I guess they figured I blew them off.

Oh one more. LOL. Through out the day driving around knowing I needed to gas up I put it off. Had a late appointment and figured to get gas on the way to appointment. Well put that off too until after the appointment. Left client got about half mile away no gas in tank. I forgot my wallet at home. Hoofed it back to clients house to use phone to get buddy out of bed. Client offered to assist me but I said no thanks.

My buddy shows up cussed me out and I drive home. When I went back to clients house the next time they gave it to asking if I had gas or needed gas. The wife asked for my ID to make sure I had my wallet. :D

Lol I think you need a vacation.

I can't think of any stories right now, but if I do later, I will post some

Happened many moons ago. So no one ever forgot or grabbed a wrong application. Forgot to get a check signed. Mailed or faxed an application missing a signature? not that I have done those things but I've seen others do a couple of them.

Not something I need to fess up just a heads up for the new agent in what he has to look forward to....I have been chased off by my prospects guard goose yes you heard me guard goose. But that was not my most uncomfortable moment. The most uncomfortable moment was doing a home appointment sitting in this stuffed side chair with the woman's very large dog at my feet, finished up appointment and stood up dog sprang to its paw jammed it's extremely large head into my crotch and started growling.....

So when just a couple of years ago when a doing a home appointment and this loon of a client thinks it's great to have her birds literally flying around in the house and dropping bird poo where ever they please didn't phase me......much.

Not something I need to fess up just a heads up for the new agent in what he has to look forward to....I have been chased off by my prospects guard goose yes you heard me guard goose. But that was not my most uncomfortable moment. The most uncomfortable moment was doing a home appointment sitting in this stuffed side chair with the woman's very large dog at my feet, finished up appointment and stood up dog sprang to its paw jammed it's extremely large head into my crotch and started growling.....

So when just a couple of years ago when a doing a home appointment and this loon of a client thinks it's great to have her birds literally flying around in the house and dropping bird poo where ever they please didn't phase me......much.

It sounds like you are ready for the big leagues.

Time to start ordering your FE leads. :D

I had something similar happen to me. I'd been in the business about a year. I had an 11PM appointment with a farmer(after he got out of the field). Made the sale and left...it was going on 1AM. I got about a mile down the road and ran out of gas. I was an hour from home. This was back in 1974, so no cell phones. I walked back to his house in the dark in rural Nebraska. Lots of farmers have their own gas pump. He gave me enough gas to get home. I've kept a close eye on my gas gauge ever since.:laugh:

----------

I've never run into the birds fling loose in the house, but I have seen chickens coming and going in and out of the house as they please in the country.

I've had my junk sniffed many times by a dog. Just recently I went by a long time customer's house to switch his Med Supp and his German Shepard runs up and starts sniffing my balls. I told him...yep, your dog still remembers me.

You're not kidding about those geese. I was talking to a farmer in his yard and he had a couple of geese. He said to be careful because one of them took a plug out of his wife's leg. I kept my brief case(haven't used one of those in 20 years) in between me an the geese. The geese would lower their head close to the ground and move their butts side to side like a cat does when they get ready to spring...then they'd attack his dog. The dog finally got tired of it and placed their neck in his mouth and shook them around a bit, then they'd leave him alone for a while. Funny to watch!:twitchy:

It sounds like you are ready for the big leagues.

Time to start ordering your FE leads. :D

I prefer my life with these incidents being the exception and not the rule. Sorry all die hard FE agents there is something to be said about my normal biggest problem is sitting down with a kindergarten teacher in one of those little chairs and trying to keep my knees under the table.

I do sales via telephone/webinar. The second sale I ever made I was so excited because the 1st one was to a personal friend. Well, after the sale, I forgot to log the guy outta my system so he could not see what I was doing on my computer. Well....i instantly turned around and emailed my trainer bragging about how easy I just made my first real sale, this and that. The whole time he could see my screen! Needless to say, it ended up as a chargeback :)

Back