These Guys License Blue Cross Independent Agents In Florida

I just wanted to add my confirmation to this thread as there was some misinformation shared initially. There are no independent IFP arrangements in FL in the true technical sense. The BX MGAs are now issuing additional contracts for Master Agents to sign up more individual business and in so doing are causing a little confusion about captive vs. independent. Some of these new master agents may be trying to sign up new agents under the guise that they will be independent BX producers, but the reality is that they will all be exclusive agents for BX. Be sure to read your contract! The commish will most likely be higher than what the MGAs are offering (there's no way it could be lower!) since you probably won't be getting much in the way of training or leads.

Personally, I'm excited about offering BX IFP without having to settle for the low payout captives usually get, but I'm also entering into this arrangement without any intent on breaking the contract. I have no idea how BX could find out if I wrote a Humana plan instead, but I'm not interested in finding out the hard way. I personally know agents who are already selling BX IFPs along with other carriers and have not been caught, so it is going on, but YMMV.

I don't mean this to be a plug for BX... just a bit of clarification about the recent flurry of activity about the BX IFP independent/captive topic.

I was contacted by the Senateguy as well. He's been licensed with BX since 6/07...I think he thinks we're all here talking about selling BX group. I've got that one already as all of us have access.

so then he's under the impression that he is giving out 16% one year only for group?
:nah:

his agency also claims to be #3 for GR

something's fishy here :yes:

and seriously I cannot believe that any egghead would ever write a product for a company knowing there were absolutely no backend commissions

that company has a bunch of people brainwashed

henceforth I shall refer to bcbsfl as that nazi group in florida :twitchy:

Actually I said "BX" in my post when I meant to say GR. Again, just how would BX of FL know whether or not I kicked out 10K between Humana and GR last week?

They have no access to your production figures with any carrier and although you're captive you can still maintain other appointments. In fact, you can write for other carriers - you simply need to give BX the right of 1st refusal.

You can only write other carriers if the applicant is declined by Blue Cross. They won't know if you write with other carriers but they will know who your appointments are with via OIR website. There's also production requirement to maintain you're blue cross appointment. Also there are territories for under 65 and Med sups the ga's and mga's you're dealing with know this, as well as you have to see the person you are writing an under 65 product for. Last but not least other people do offer contracts other than your friend and each contract may vary depending on overhead and service department staff of the ga or mga offering you the co

Last edited:
I believe you. I wanted to hear his excuse as to why his post was deleted.

So who the hell is this "Senator" dude? And why did he come here to make this one post, then change the post?

He ran his mouth and became paranoid that he would get in trouble with BCBS. He asked me to remove his name from my posting that his referral was a flake.
:no:

So who the hell is this "Senator" dude? And why did he come here to make this one post, then change the post?

He ran his mouth and became paranoid that he would get in trouble with BCBS. He asked me to remove his name from my posting that his referral was a flake.
:no:

Sounds to me like he is running his mouth all the way to the bank, as an independent BX agent. :laugh:

You, on the other hand, are the one without a contract.

You can only write other carriers if the applicant is declined by Blue Cross. They won't know if you write with other carriers but they will know who your appointments are with via OIR website. There's also production requirement to maintain you're blue cross appointment. Also there are territories for under 65 and Med sups the ga's and mga's you're dealing with know this, as well as you have to see the person you are writing an under 65 product for. Last but not least other people do offer contracts other than your friend and each contract may vary depending on overhead and service department staff of the ga or mga offering you the co

There are no territories anymore, as I'm sure you're aware by now. You may write individual anywhere in the state.

so then he's under the impression that he is giving out 16% one year only for group?
:nah:

his agency also claims to be #3 for GR

something's fishy here :yes:

and seriously I cannot believe that any egghead would ever write a product for a company knowing there were absolutely no backend commissions

that company has a bunch of people brainwashed

henceforth I shall refer to bcbsfl as that nazi group in florida :twitchy:
"Nazi group?" That's being kind don't you think?
Anyone who gets involved with these _^(&%$(&^ just doesn't know any better.
People please.
9% first year and no renewals?
Oooooh that's a future.
Could they be more controlling? They give 1/2 of their commission to their local cronies who do nothing for it but keep the the next wave of newly appointed green horn agents in line for as long as they can keep the wool over their eyes. This is a great system for them. Not the individual producer.
We sell BCBS individual in other states. Check this out. 20% fist year and 10% each following year.
I know, I know, they have name recognition. So what, the G. Rule (United) or Humana or Aetna products are usually a better value and they actually don't give 1/2 of the individual agent's commission away.
Agents who do get involved with BCBSFL are only helping this corporation to undermine the independent agent's authority with their clients as well as their earning potential.
They are keeping us down man. Plain and simple. 9% no renewals!?!?!
This makes it harder for real companies to offer a decent commish. 2 months to get underwritten! Humana is like a week usually.
And these territorial restaints ... !?! We sell in 14 states currently. It's not like they are providing any marketing muscle. As long as agents keep on suck'n hind teet and tolarating their B.S.; they are gonna keep doing what they are doing.
Let these "so and so's" pay out 20 first year and 5 on renewal like every other leading company.
I call for a boycott. There. I said it. I won't regret it. If you are not an MGA (camp comandante) you are only gonna get used for a while and then replaced with the next bozo inexperienced enough to drink the koolaid and dance to the party proaganda.
Sure, every man for himself, but BXBCFL is manipulating every agent with their tactics.
I know this is pointless ranting, and that rookies with stars in their eyes will keep on going to them, but hey, at least I had my say.
Go ahead, waste your time, learn the hard way, I hear Mega is also hiring?
Oh, me so sorry; I mean "Healthmarkets" ... psssssssspf.
Peace.

Last edited:
Back