This Forum Is Great For Ideas

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
Thanks to Mark Rosenthal - I solved a dilemma I was having all day on the intro to a script for cold calling Final Expense clients. This is cold call data - 20 cents each data to call 25 and get 24 No's and 1 yes . . .

"Ms, Jones, this is Tom and the reason I'm calling is to see if you have received your Free Living Will that is available in your area?

What?

Ms. Jones do you presently have Life Insurance or a Living Will in force?

A what?

Ms. Jones - my company was formed to tell the world about how to get a FREE Living Will.

Ms. Jones - Are you familiar with the Terry Schiavo situation that happened a few years back in Florida?

What would you have done?

Terry didn't have a Living Will. It was a sad situation - and it could have been avoided.

Our crusade is to be sure that everyone we contact understands the importance of a Living Will and will allow us to show them how to get one for FREE!

We're not selling Vaccum Cleaners or Water Softners - we're providing families with Peace Of Mind . . .

Ms Jones - do you have a plan in place for when you pass? Like an Insurance Policy, Living Will, etc ?

You do - great - tell me about it ?

You don't? Well - it's a good thing I called.

. . . . . on and on - I can't divulge the rest of the script. But Mark thanks for the inspiration . . .

Tom

Re: This Forum Is Great For Ideas . . .

So if they want a living will, what do you do?
He'll fill it out over the phone. Remember, the goal is never to leave the office. Don't know how this actually helps the client with a living will and planning for their future, but I'm sure Tom will have a profitable way.

Rick

Re: This Forum Is Great For Ideas . . .

So if they want a living will, what do you do?

We'll provide them with -

http://www.caringinfo.org/stateaddownload

Then using the telephone - our "qualifiers" (fancy word for telemarketer) will call data, qualify people for the FREE Living Will and assist them in completing it.

Then - it will be passed on to a licensed agent to finalize the Living Will details, and assist the client in determining their Life Insurance needs.

Amazing idea Mark - amazing!

Cold Calling just got a little warmer . . .

1) He'll fill it out over the phone.

2) Remember, the goal is never to leave the office.

Rick

1) Exactly!

2) Man - you've got it . . . The only way.

Client is always #1 !

Tom

I will say that it is not a bad idea to get infront of new people.

Just brainstorming here (I am only 1/2 awake right now...)

If we in the senior market have a 48 hour rule to talk to clients. You can meet with people who want a free living will. Ask them about their Medicare insurance and if that is adequate coverage (something like that). Tell them we will populate the will for them and schedule a time at least 48 hours later for an insurance review (if they agree) and to give them their free will.

Provided it is done ethically, I think it would work...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Copyright © 2007 National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. All rights reserved. Reproduction and distribution of these advance directives by an organization or organized group without the written permission of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization is expressly forbidden. Please call 800/658-8898 to speak with a staff member about obtaining permission.

That is off the free living will that you linked to.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with getting the appointment set over the phone for the agent. But I would never do a living will over the phone or just give them the link to do it on their own unless they don't wish for me to come out and help them in person.

I'm not sure about the way you are using the idea. It is meant to get your feet in the door and to help the clients. You have to keep the clients best interest in mind and remember this is more then just selling life insurance. We are dealing with people's lifes.

You have to keep this personal with the clients. I don't think that it is a good idea to do this idea over the phone.

I want my clients to look me in the eye, and see that I really care about them and I beleive they can see it in my eyes. I'm more then just a salesman trying to sell you something. At the end of the day, I wish to help people and make a difference. This is one reason I don't care if they buy the insurance or not. I don't want another family to go through some of the issues I've seen when a person does not have a living will.

A big side note, is that you can't sell this living will service, or charge for the living will. If you use that link, you can't change the info on the living will from the company that provided it. I have permission to use that living will for the way I'm doing it or most agents would do it.

There are many sources out there to get copies of a free living will.

Insurance Agent Forum - Page Not Found <--- this is how I do it.

I think my idea can be used in many different ways, but please try and keep the clients best interest in mind. One on one is the best way and in person.

But that is only my opinion.

Mark Rosenthal

That was my point. The will gets you in the door, not into a telephone conversation.

You can't put the client first if all you care about is making a sale (unless you're Tom).

Rick

1) But I would never do a living will over the phone or just give them the link to do it on their own unless they don't wish for me to come out and help them in person.

2) You have to keep the clients best interest in mind and remember this is more then just selling life insurance.

1) It works just as well over the phone. I personally tested the script on 10 cold calls - 7 hung up, 2 said email it and the other completed the Living Will with my assistant and bought a $15k FE policy through me. Love it!

2) Just because we sell over the phone doesn't mean that we are any less concerned about the client. Will we get as into as you do Mark? Probably not - but we will provide assistance in completing the LW.

We actually modified our Qualifiers (TeleMarketers) compensation this morning. They now get $8 per qualified lead (no change) -or - $10 for a Lead with a LW started. Our Q's also make incentive Bonuses from the Lead Company if they produce a lead that sells.

Agents don't do the LW with the client - the Q does. The agent only follows up on the lead and LW progress and closes the deals involving a policy sale. The Q does all the grunt work . . .

If they don't have internet access to receive the LW via email - we'll print it out and mail it to them, along with a host of other literature. Cost is less than $2 - it will be very effective we believe.

1) That was my point. The will gets you in the door, not into a telephone conversation.

2) You can't put the client first if all you care about is making a sale (unless you're Tom).

Rick

1) No difference. Proper voice inflection is a suitable substitute for "eye" contact . . .

2) Sure you can. We are afterall salespeople. Yes - we're compasionate agents as well, and will always do what's right for the client - but to kid ourselves that we don't care about making a sale is hogwash. Mark has a different outlook and perception based upon his personal situation. Most others will see the LW has an added value product to use to break the ice, get them talking and make a sales presentation.

God Bless You Rick!

Tom

Tom:

Here's the difference between the you and me (and Mark, Ramiz, Frank, and other quality agents on this board).

We hope that in helping our clients we can also make a commission.

You hope that your clients help you make a commission.

Rick

P.S. I know you're sincere when you say god bless me, so thanks!

Last edited:
Back