This MA Test is Tough

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
This is a tough test.
I have been in the health insurance biz now 11 years and I thought I had a general idea of Medicare practices but dam I am going to have to study.

It's just understanding the terminology and the rules. Once you've been doing MA business for a while (and have taken the test) it will be easy for you. I don't even study for all the tests every year anymore. It's just a waste of time. All the carriers ask similar questions on their certification exams so it's like taking the same test over and over. I jump online, go as quickly through the slides as the system will let me and get straight to the test.

Good luck.

I actually thought it wasnt too hard. I just read the material and passed it all..come to think of it I might have had to re-take 1 or 2 but you shouldn't have to take the same section more than once. The 2nd time around (for 2010) was really a piece of cake though.

Interesting.

I have gotten 86% on the test twice.

The area I think I am screwing up on is marketing and all the rules that go along with it.

I am getting a bit frustrated with it.

Are you attempting to pass AHIP? If so, you have 2 strikes. One more and you are out. You need 90%.
Carrier specific certification requires a passing score of 85%.

Are you attempting to pass AHIP? If so, you have 2 strikes. One more and you are out. You need 90%.
Carrier specific certification requires a passing score of 85%.

Yep its Ahip so if I don't hit the 90% I have pony up another $100.

What is the carrier specific Certification?

Question: What if I do not pass the AHIP course examination with a score of 90% after three attempts?
Answer: You will be locked out. The only way for you to complete the training though AHIP is to again sign in (which will require you to pay again) and you will be able to take the course again.

Each carrier has their own certification. You need AHIP certification 1st. The carrier specific certification varies in complexity. Most carrier specific certification was much easier than AHIP. AARP was a little tougher. This probably varies by state. I'm in California.

Back