Thoughts On F&G

dsimo11

Expert
What are your guys thoughts on F&G? We have started to see them be very competitive to GA and NA when it comes to the roll ups and wanted to get active agents feed back.

What are your guys thoughts on F&G? We have started to see them be very competitive to GA and NA when it comes to the roll ups and wanted to get active agents feed back.

F&G has always had pretty decent products and certainly the newer version of thier roll-up is more in line with the rest of the industry. Our biggest obstacle in working with F&G over the past 7 years has always been their service (both NB and post-issue) as they out-source most of the work. Also, because of their sale from OMFN to Harbinger their ratings are still a little down (B++ with AM Best I believe).

If you don't mind the sub A rating and some service issues along the way they offer a nice portfolio for your clients especially at the older issue ages (80-85).

They have some competitive death benefit options on their annuities as well. This is a good option for those not interested/qualified for life insurance.

We saw a significant increase in the number of agents/advisors writing F&G starting 3rd quarter and going through this year. The recent reduction in roll up, caps, and payout percentages will slow down the products. That and the VERY spotty customer service that Guru mentioned.

In addition to the Prosperity Elite series, the Accumulator series has some of the best caps in the industry. Overall a great suite of products. I just hope they solve their NB and customer service issues. And and A rating would be nice too.

On paper, they have fine products. Unfortunately, their service is atrocious. At least it would be if they improved it a little. It got to the point where I can't use them just for that reason. There are too many other fine companies that don't embarass you with service issues to use a B++ company like F&G.

What is the over and under on how long before they change their name again?

God forbid you run into any paperwork issues, its pulling teeth to coax an accurate response from their service deparment. Im too gunshy to send another ticket their way... :no:

F&G has a great product right now, they do however keep lowering their caps and making the product less appealing. This product and the Aviva BAA product are the only two products out there that I know of that have an enhanced death benefit and income rider with the income doubler. The income doubler can be used for both nursing home and home health care. However, service is absolutely terrible. I would warn that it isn't out of the ordinary to see an app with a check take over 10 business days to issue. Also, you have to really overly follow up on your business in house, they do a terrible job of notifying the agent of any hangups. Also whoever designed their suitability form tried their absolute hardest to over complicate things. All in all they have a great product, agent support is the worst in the business.

F&G has a great product right now, they do however keep lowering their caps and making the product less appealing. This product and the Aviva BAA product are the only two products out there that I know of that have an enhanced death benefit and income rider with the income doubler. The income doubler can be used for both nursing home and home health care. However, service is absolutely terrible. I would warn that it isn't out of the ordinary to see an app with a check take over 10 business days to issue. Also, you have to really overly follow up on your business in house, they do a terrible job of notifying the agent of any hangups. Also whoever designed their suitability form tried their absolute hardest to over complicate things. All in all they have a great product, agent support is the worst in the business.

You need to take a good look at LSW (National Life Group) and North American for excellent IUL and Death Benefit options.

LSW has a living benefits plan that is built into the policy language and is guaranteed. They also are the only ones offering a guaranteed income for life under the loan provision of their policy making it Tax Free Income if the policy was not a MEC.

North American offers a great Index option with a many diverse indexes. Not just the S&P as many companies entering the IUL market are doing.

Twilight what would be a minimum order for FE telemarketed leads and what parameters would you use for NC ? Thank you very much.

Back