Thoughts on Prudential?

Thanks. This is what is confusion. From what I gather here, mutual company is suppose to be better such as Mass, NY Life, Guardian, etc. when it comes to cash value, dividends. Are their products competitive price wise?

But that is what I'm wondering. For the right client, are mutual products always better in terms of cash value etc.

But that is what I'm wondering. For the right client, are mutual products always better in terms of cash value etc.

It depends on who has your ear. The mutual wholesaler will tell you par WL is best. The stock company wholesaler will tell you their flavor of UL is best (IUL, current assumption, VUL). The mutual fund wholesaler will say buy term and invest the rest.

What Is an average take home pay annually someone can expect while starting at prudential? And insight on the average money brought per year? I know this is effected by how hard the individual works and the time put in. Just asking for averages here to get a central idea.

Thank you everyone, your insight has been greatly appreciated!

Georges

Unfortunately, in this low interest rate environment, all carriers are hard pressed to find decent returns on their fixed portfolios. I think it's a toss up at this point.

Personally, I made $57K my first year. I had 80K in GDR which is Pru's measure of annualized premium.

I received about $10K in first year support credits and first year bonuses.

I think that I'll need to write about 100K GDR this year to make that same amount. Plus, I've built up a couple thousand in trails already.

I was Rookie of the year for my agency and 10th place for rookie of the year in my territory. I've seen agent's first year income all across the board though.

Someone in my office consistently makes $80-100K each year while someone else in my office owed more than he made last year. He hasn't written any business in months but his expenses keep piling up.

What is the expenses like? How about the training? Did you have to be in the office a number of times per week? Were you guys given scripts or system on how to present etc?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
@ Branmark, please clarify. You said we can usually find something more competitive. Do you mean outside of Prudential or prudential products? Good with heavier folks you mean weight wise right? Thanks.

Last edited:
I have a technology fee of about $10 per week. This covers the company provided laptop and all printing charges. This seems very reasonable to me because I use and abuse our printers. I print about a thousand full color sheets a week for marketing.

My E & O coverage comes out from my paycheck as well. Also an office expense, but I'm not sure what that amount is.

Between office expenses, taxes, health insurance (covers my family), disability insurance, group life insurance (both me and wife maxed out), dental and vision, and ROTH 401(k) contribution: I have around $400 taken out every two weeks.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Training was great. I was in the office every day for training, but I've seen guys from out of town who were only in once or twice a week during training. I think it just depends on your manager.

Last edited:
Back