Threats from Agency About Debit Balances

Image an insurance company wanting to take $2,215 out of your paycheck because the agent you recruited won't respond to the companies SIX Demand Letters or the many friendly letters that we sent you after 5 months waiting for a response. After the Home Office sends SIX letters, we send two very polite FRIENDLY letters before any of the other letters are sent. It is sad that you think it is okay to stick us with a $2,215 debit after 6 months. I wish you had done the right thing in the beginning and made payment arrangements. I hope you do the right thing now and really send in payments or pay off your debit. If you like I can show copies of the many letters you were sent that were nice begging you to do something to take care of this. Image someone taking $2,215 out of your check because someone else would not do the right thing. You wrote 28 policies and only 9 of them are Active. The debt was created last November 2013 almost 6 months ago. Only after you got the mentioned postal mail did you make contact with the Home Office to make payments on the debt.

You're incorrect, as you are on a great number of subjects, starting with the number of policies which were written----there were no where near 28 policies-----you're reaching.

That balance issue was communicated with the carrier upon receipt of first letter and numerous attempts were made to quell said balance, from re-instatements to new business and confiscated advances. All of these attempts were fumbled miserably for months by them, beginning in November.

The issue has been resolved with them, but I have shown your letters to my local counsel and been advised that use of USPS to send threatening and harrassing letters (specifically with threats listed on the outside of the envelope) is indeed a crime. His services have been retained, and I am seeking redress.

Last edited:
...I have shown your letters to my local counsel and been advised that use of USPS to send threatening and harrassing letters (specifically with threats listed on the outside of the envelope) is indeed a crime. His services have been retained, and I am seeking redress.
Oh boy, here we go!! I smell some litigation comin' on...

I wish I knew which attorneys were involved. Just in case if I ever decide to file suit against anyone, or need defense against a suit, I'll know who not to call.

what kind of lawyer advises their client to post details of legal issues on a public forum?

I wish I knew which attorneys were involved. Just in case if I ever decide to file suit against anyone, or need defense against a suit, I'll know who not to call.

what kind of lawyer advises their client to post details of legal issues on a public forum?

I missed where anyone said their lawyer advised them to post details here. :1baffled:

"His services have been retained, and I am seeking redress. "

If that is the case, the first thing your legal council should do is slap you upside the head for posting this crap here. Right or wrong in your case, if you're going to go to court, you don't come on a public forum and post anything.

You're not winning support on this forum. In fact, just the opposite. The more you post, the weaker your position seems to be.

"I owe the guy money, but I don't like how he talks to me..."

That's what I am reading in your posts. I have zero sympathy for you. You owe what you owe.. if the guy is mean and hurts your feelings about the money you owe him, then pay your debt and he'll leave you alone.

Seems fairly simple to solve. If you can't pay this guy back, how are you going to swing attorney fees?

You're incorrect, as you are on a great number of subjects, starting with the number of policies which were written----there were no where near 28 policies-----you're reaching.

That balance issue was communicated with the carrier upon receipt of first letter and numerous attempts were made to quell said balance, from re-instatements to new business and confiscated advances. All of these attempts were fumbled miserably for months by them, beginning in November.

The issue has been resolved with them, but I have shown your letters to my local counsel and been advised that use of USPS to send threatening and harrassing letters (specifically with threats listed on the outside of the envelope) is indeed a crime. His services have been retained, and I am seeking redress.

I have no dog in this fight, but my goodness.

"numerous attempts were made to quell said balance", quell seems like a weak word choice, but ignoring that getting business back on the books and writing new business is how a lot of folks handle chargebacks. That said, "confiscated advances" is laughable "prima facie" (at it's face). An advance is a loan. If you owe someone money and they refuse to loan you more money, they're hardly being unreasonable. We could probably split hairs if we were talking about it being spread between different carriers, but you hardly look like an innocent victim.

I had a midget here threaten me with legal action. Said the papers were in the mail, "watch for them".:D

Been almost 3 years and they haven't come yet. Maybe he sent by Pony Express?

Back