Threats from Agency About Debit Balances

He did and is paying. He is paying the STATE of Nevada and his local county. Has been the whole time. The federal gubmint has outgrown it's leash and needs to be reigned in

Well then he should just buy his own land the way most other farmers do. Then he could do what he wants and the rest of us wouldn't be paying for it.

You're incorrect, as you are on a great number of subjects, starting with the number of policies which were written----there were no where near 28 policies-----you're reaching. That balance issue was communicated with the carrier upon receipt of first letter and numerous attempts were made to quell said balance, from re-instatements to new business and confiscated advances. All of these attempts were fumbled miserably for months by them, beginning in November. The issue has been resolved with them, but I have shown your letters to my local counsel and been advised that use of USPS to send threatening and harrassing letters (specifically with threats listed on the outside of the envelope) is indeed a crime. His services have been retained, and I am seeking redress.

It's a business debt not a personal debt so the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act does not apply the creditor or collector can use any means they want to collect the debt and not be in any violation

27. I have a business account in collections. I have been told by the collection agency FDCPA does not apply. Is this true? Share Question
Answer:
The FDCPA only applies to debts incurred for "personal, family or household purposes." The FDCPA does not apply to business debt.

Last edited:
you're kidding right?

if either council were even half competent, earlier posts would have been deleted already.
what kind of lawyer advises their client to post details of legal issues on a public forum?

How the heck would his attorney know he is shooting off his mouth on this forum? How do you have any idea what his attorney, if he even has one, has advised this clown? And if advise was given how do you know if he is following it or not?

The OP is responsible for his own actions. Don't divert any blame to his attorney.

He did and is paying. He is paying the STATE of Nevada and his local county. Has been the whole time. The federal gubmint has outgrown it's leash and needs to be reigned in

Interesting, as the state of Nevada and the local county don't own the land. The BLM does. If he has been paying them, then he is an *** and a thief.

Interesting, as the state of Nevada and the local county don't own the land. The BLM does. If he has been paying them, then he is an *** and a thief.

I've been going about this wrong. I own my land. I buy feed. I buy hay. I pay taxes on the land, the feed and the hay. I also buy dewormers, vaccines, bedding, etc.

Al the while I should have just been grazing my horses on public land and letting the taxpayers foot the bill.:goofy:

I've been going about this wrong. I own my land. I buy feed. I buy hay. I pay taxes on the land, the feed and the hay. I also buy dewormers, vaccines, bedding, etc.

Al the while I should have just been grazing my horses on public land and letting the taxpayers foot the bill.:goofy:

From what I understand, most ranchers love BLM land. It is cheaper than state land. The only downside is apparently they don't have exclusive use. It can be used for recreation and they have to respect the wildlife. This is just what I have gathered from reading a few articles about it.

"He did and is paying. He is paying the STATE of Nevada and his local county. Has been the whole time. The federal gubmint has outgrown it's leash and needs to be reigned in"

So I should pay Sears for my Target bill? and let Sears figure it out?

Actually, he hasn't paid the usage fees for grazing on Federal lands, he may have paid the state for grazing on state lands, but he skipped on his debt to the Feds AND more importantly didn't stop using those lands while doing this.

You really need to look at a range of sources and apply common sense to a situation. It's a debt for use. You pay it or stop using it. He's done neither.

I honestly hope to God that doesn't make this guy a hero in your eyes. That would be just sad.

From what I understand, most ranchers love BLM land. It is cheaper than state land. The only downside is apparently they don't have exclusive use. It can be used for recreation and they have to respect the wildlife. This is just what I have gathered from reading a few articles about it.

Absolutely they love it. It's far less expensive than actually owning the land and paying upkeep on it.

This guy is trying to skip out on a great deal.

The guy I get my hay from farm on federal land. It is old reclaimed mine land from the 30's and 40's along the Green River that was abandoned strip mines that they just left once they got all the coal. That was how it was done back then.

They have tried to recover monies from those coal companies but most have been out of business for decades.

The guy that I deal with gets free use of the land as long as he has forage on it and maintains it. He is allowed to sell the hay. Best alfalfa hay in these parts.

But, if he shirks his duties they will just take the land back. Wonder if people would show up as an armed militia if that happened?

The OP is responsible for his own actions. Don't divert any blame to his attorney.

good point. not trying to divert any blame to his attorney. it's just that most attorneys are more proactive than that, and make it perfectly clear to their clients to keep their mouth shut publicly.

but you're right. not everyone listens.

Last edited:
Sweet Jesus I just saw this thread and read the whole thing.

1st..JD calling out Dig again, that's just always funny!

2nd..OP, what the hell man. You found an attorney to take your case for a $2,100 debit balance and is going to sue Mark for what??? My thought is that you are completely FOS and don't know your head from a hole in the ground. If this guy is on contingency...funny...the most he's looking at is $3-4k IF YOU WIN...which most likely given the circumstances you won't. In which case, you deserve what you get...bad representation. On the other hand, maybe you're paying by the hour, any attorney worth their salt will be $200/hr...taking a case to trial is atleast 20 hours..so $4K in attorney fees.

Quit your Bi t ching and pay back the damn money

Back