TIAA-CREF Rollover... or Not

Almost all of thier assets come from Qualified plans in which TIAA-CREF is the only option.

Sounds like a great lawsuit against your fiduciary. It is not in my best interest to make my money inaccessible should I need it or find a better option.

TIAA-CREF is very active in school systems and non-profits, using their product(s) for 403(b) plans.

Very low admin fees and no commission.

Sounds good to the consumer.

TIAA-CREF is very active in school systems and non-profits, using their product(s) for 403(b) plans.

Very low admin fees and no commission.

Sounds good to the consumer.

I've never seend them in public k-12, but find them all over the place in private schools, universities and hospitals. I wouldn't waste my breath trying to go against their image, I would just deal with the client before me and advise them of their options now.

Medicare, I told you this very same thing weeks ago...If the client is in TIAA the fixed side they restrict to 10 equal payments.

I recall, but because she is retiring and the employer is terminating the employment I was under the impression that might change things, but apparently not.

Client might actually be interested in paying the fee because she needs the income stream; I guess I'll give them another call tomorrow.

I recall, but because she is retiring and the employer is terminating the employment I was under the impression that might change things, but apparently not.

Client might actually be interested in paying the fee because she needs the income stream; I guess I'll give them another call tomorrow.

She annuitized. If she had been in mutual funds with them, she wouldn't have a problem. (At least that's how I understand it)

She annuitized. If she had been in mutual funds with them, she wouldn't have a problem. (At least that's how I understand it)

I don't think she annuitized, that's what they want her to do to get the money out. The rep said that they need to have a guarantee that folks will be in the fund for a certain period of time in order to "maintain the stability of the fund" because of the "high interest rate".

No, this is just part of the contract. Its just like Alliance does/did with certain contracts.

You have to take a "payout option" thats usually a minimum of 10 years; you cant lump sum out at the end of the surrender period.

Back