Tim McCoy and Associates DBA NEAT?

jdeasy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hanson, Ky
Anyone else get the letter that your personal information may have been compromised due to a "stolen computer"?

My letter said the stolen laptop probably contained my name, SS#, BD, telephone number and address.

I wonder if it's just a coincidence that my VISA card was compromised early this week and we had to close the account and get a new card?

Letter is dated Sept 16. Says the theft occured on Aug 27.

Data breaches are starting to get more popular. Home Depot and Target have recently been compromised, I believe both twice. If you've shopped at either of those places it could have triggered it as well.

Data breaches are starting to get more popular. Home Depot and Target have recently been compromised, I believe both twice. If you've shopped at either of those places it could have triggered it as well.

I haven't shopped at either. Might be a coincidence but I got a fraud alert call from my VISA account on Monday. They asked about some suspicious charges and when I said I didn't make them they closed the account right then.

I also got a warning from my email provider recommending that I change my password.

They are offering a free one year membership for Experian's ProtectMyID Alert because of this problem.

Haven't decided on whether to accept that offer or not.

The email provider thing can be a scam. If you ever get a reminder to change your password ignore the email and just go to the site. That goes for all password resets for that matter.

The one year experian thing is probably not a bad deal, but fortunately a lot of this is less of an issue than ever before. Fraud detection keeps getting better and the impact of "identity theft" is lessened a great deal.

What does this have to do with Tim McCoy and NEAT Management? Didn't know they were still around..

That's who the letter came from. I think it's been 6 years since I did any business with them. Maybe longer?

The letter showed up at my home yesterday.

What I'm wondering is, if all of my information was stolen then how did they still have it to send me the letter?

That's who the letter came from. I think it's been 6 years since I did any business with them. Maybe longer?

The letter showed up at my home yesterday.

What I'm wondering is, if all of my information was stolen then how did they still have it to send me the letter?

If somebody downloaded your information from NEAT's computer, they would have "stolen" the information but it would not have erased it from NEAT's computer so they would still have your contact info.

If somebody downloaded your information from NEAT's computer, they would have "stolen" the information but it would not have erased it from NEAT's computer so they would still have your contact info.

The letter says the "computer" was stolen. Not just the information.

Back