Top 10 Auto Insurance Companies?

We have both unitrin and kemper ...

I think the regional v. national carrier discussion as to warn you guys that .. having the brand name carriers as your entire stable - especially some of the national players ... they tend to bail form markets in search of shareholder equity when it hits the fan.

You probably dont recall the infamous CA Prop 103 - where I watched travelers and Ohio Casualty and Hartford essentially close up shop, and a couple million and premium had to be moved - fast or lost to predators.

The smaller regionals like Mercury - before their expansion - had 1 market and they HAD to be good in it or perish. The smaller regionals will tend to be your evergreen profitable carriers.

They all will frustrate and put you in a jam ... Carrier Partner ... LOL

In California for PL are Kemper and Unitrin the same products. In other word would NIA or SAIS offer my client an advantage over the other? NIA is Kemper and SAIS is Unitrin.

Thanks again...

Does anyone know any good regional companies that sell in Florida?

Also what are the top 5 competitive companies in the Tampa Bay are of Florida. I am looking at a Mercury and Progressive appointment and thinking about Travelers, Encompass and Hartford. Any thought on how these rate for standard/preferred markets or would you add different companies?:1confused:

Thanks!

what are the top 5 competitive companies in the Tampa Bay

Measured how?
Pricing changes drastically on a regular basis.
Reserves you should care about, but your clients won't
Claims settlement is an area of concern, but only after you've been through a few nightmare claims
Customer service is important
Ease of writing is important, though again, what do clients care?

Dan

P.S. I know nothing about Tampa Bay area since my brother moved out about 20 years ago and I quit visiting.

How is commerce west in California? Also, for those that have an Allied appointment... do you find them to be competitive for auto insurance?

How is commerce west in California? Also, for those that have an Allied appointment... do you find them to be competitive for auto insurance?

Yes. Competitively priced.

But then we are more Mercury focused and find it easier to do the business with them. Or I can just about do anything allied cna do with Travelers - easier.

So Travelers is easier to do business with compared to Allied?

IMHO - yes ....

Travelers in CA also has a premier HO product. Allieds is good if your careful to add all the indiv add on endorsements needed to make it compete. Leave one off and you ve got a ptoential mess on your hands.

Travelers Platinum Plus is pretty nice for a LOT of my clients. High Net Worth business owners. Stacks up well against Chubb and Firemans and Encompass Elite.

Travelers also takes a pricing tier approach to brush - which now in CA comes in mighty handy. They get withing 1000' - maybe less but they tier price the risk.

None Brush
Brush Eleigble 1
Brush Eleigible 2
... I think there is a 3 as well ... havent seen one though. They just price it accorsdingly and you get to write the account with a top quality form and not have to send it surplus to an AIG co :-)

Last edited:
Hi SoCalbroker,

I read couple of your post from different thread. It sounds like you have been with Networked Insurance Agent and had a good experience with them.

I was wondering if NIA also offers Allied for Personal and Commercial. I did not see Allied nor Nationwide on the California list.

Also, what does it take to join NIA and how much does it cost?

Thanks.

I'm also interested in Allied.... How competitive are they for packages (like auto and home insurance) compared to Travelers?

Back