Top 5 Internet Sources for Insurance Leads

Re: Top 5 Internet Lead Sources

I had the same problem with another real time internet lead company where the prospect would say that they had already been called by multiple agents even though I had called the lead right away when I received it. This has to be an affiliate issue where the affiliate sold the lead to multiple lead companies and it just took them longer to get it to one lead vendor over another one. Netquote uses affiliates so this is probably the problem even though they are saying it isn't.

When affiliates generally "sell" leads they're not actually selling the lead, but the CPA (cost per action).

That means they're driving traffic to an approved landing page where there's a tracking pixel placed and they'll get credited for the form fill outs.

What's more likely is the lead vendor is buying the lead from another vendor OR selling it before you ever receive it. :goofy:

When affiliates generally "sell" leads they're not actually selling the lead, but the CPA (cost per action).

That means they're driving traffic to an approved landing page where there's a tracking pixel placed and they'll get credited for the form fill outs.

What's more likely is the lead vendor is buying the lead from another vendor OR selling it before you ever receive it. :goofy:

Has to be one of the 2. My calls are placed within 30 seconds of lead hitting my email. When I call in 30 seconds, and the lead says I'm the 3rd call, and they spoke with the other 2 guys for 15 minutes, then tells me that they didn't visit multiple sites, I tend to believe the lead over the lead company.

Especially when I can tell the lead company is trying to BS me when I call to report it. A couple guys in Netquotes office will tell me that the lead was affiliate generated, ect, a couple of them actually will sit and try to tell me how its 75% of the time that the customer just didn't want calls and they're lying to me.

What I can't wrap my head around is why exactly would they lie? All they have to do legally is asked to be removed from my list and I cannot call them again without risk of no call list violation. It does not matter how I feel about them asking ect. If they say, yes I did fill out those forms, but I don't want to be contacted, then I have to stop calling.

When I ask if they filled out any form online and they tell me that they never did, and the call was within 30 seconds, then the lead company tells me that the customer is lying, it makes me feel in my gut that something is probably wrong.

I just really wish I could find 1 company that sold decent non-affiliate generated leads that were legitimate that I didn't have to do research and look ups to verify bad leads, call them, chase them around, call the vendor to report them, ect. I'd pay 10 bucks all day for legit quality leads, probably close 8-12%, and be happy doing it, rather than paying 5 dollars for garbage, claiming 40% as bad, contacting 30% and selling 3-5%.

Its still profitable even at these numbers, its just annoying.

It gets to me how people fill out a quote form online, and expect to get a quote right then and there on the screen that says health plans xyz $100 a month or whatever monthly payment that will fit below the budget. Half of the time people are screening to see if they will get a quote in their face, and knowing that they might not bogus info is submitted. I have had customers tell me they don't want calls just prices..

It gets to me how people fill out a quote form online, and expect to get a quote right then and there on the screen that says health plans xyz $100 a month or whatever monthly payment that will fit below the budget. Half of the time people are screening to see if they will get a quote in their face, and knowing that they might not bogus info is submitted. I have had customers tell me they don't want calls just prices..

Thats what I consider a good lead. Someone that says they didn't want calls, they just wanted prices. You don't even have to overcome an objection with them, you just say "sure, I'll be happy to send those to you, I just need the answer to a couple questions so I send you accurate information"

IMO netquote may be the worst most over sold lead I have ever worked with and I have worked with a ton of lead companies.

I would focus on building a website that generates your own leads. You never have to worry about whether you're the 2nd, 3rd or 4th call. The person came to you.

Just my two cents.

You can have a really good website, but if you don't have the traffic to back it up, it won't do you any good.

Just having a great website is not enough...You have to work on getting people to show up and stay..

Back