Top Ranking for Google Places

Thanks everyone for your great input. I'm in the process of editing some of the third party review pages since I moved to a new location. However, there is so many of them and I think the inconsistency of the information is negatively affecting my ranking. What can I do? Anyways, I went into the major ones like yahoo, yelp, superpages. The problem I'm having is that I claimed the business on the review sites and edited the information but when I go back to google to search the review page, I still get the old page and it won't update. Also, some of them are duplicating my business leaving an outdated copy along with a new listing. Does this usually take a while for the information to get up to date?

Another issue I'm facing is that google places will not show the other review sites that my business is found on. How can I change this? Will google automatically update this overtime?

Thanks

The problem I'm having is that I claimed the business on the review sites and edited the information but when I go back to google to search the review page, I still get the old page and it won't update.

I have recently learned that there is a 50/50 chance that my area code may be changed within a year or so.

Should I be concerned about inconsistency if it does happen? I'm not so concerned about local traffic (because they will be aware of the change) as I am traffic outside of my local area.

Another issue I'm facing is that google places will not show the other review sites that my business is found on. How can I change this? Will google automatically update this overtime?

For the 3rd party reviews to be included on Google takes 2 things.

1) NAP must be the same on the Place page and the review page.
(Name, address, phone)

2) Google needs to find them. You may be able to help her by linking to the important ones on your site.

Linda Buquet

----------

I have recently learned that there is a 50/50 chance that my area code may be changed within a year or so.

Should I be concerned about inconsistency if it does happen? I'm not so concerned about local traffic (because they will be aware of the change) as I am traffic outside of my local area.

If it's 50/50 chance and a year away I would not even think about it right now.

By the time it changes IF it does, it could be a whole new ballgame in terms of how the algo works, etc. IF/WHEN it's impending then I'd take another look at all the Google issues and figure out the best plan of attack then.

Linda Buquet

I agree with the Citations being a BIG factor in Ranking on the First page of Google. And like mentioned Consistency is a huge factor! If your zip code changes like someone stated may happen to them, update your Citations! Look for NAP (Name, Address, Phone number) issues, These can be a problem! (if any of your information changed withing the last 5-7 years, are there old citation with other business information combined with yours??) research and search on Google for any old information that can be out there, claim profiles and update this information. If you cannot claim a profile e-mail to remove these listings, especially on data providers like express update, Acxiom etc. Some sites get their information from these data providers so update these first!

Latest posts

Back