Transamerica

greensky, I brought up price with this recruiting mgr, he tells me they are not as high as say Lincoln Heritage for instance, yet not the cheapest out there- either. I do not have a rate book, so I cannot tell you for sure.

It seems to me that price would be one sure factor in determining which final expense to go with. Also, having a highly rated carrier, and good service from an agent. The whole FE agency thing right now that is prevelant out there, { at least around here} running around chasing leads, I'm not sure that is for me.

The plan that states you have to sell based on price, is a plan that outlines the very essense of failure.

Well, James, there are a lot of folks running around selling FE, so I should think price would be one aspect, as well as service and the carrier. And, the agent simply being there to write it up..... sometimes the one who is there and ready to go, gets the deal. So yes, price would not matter as much, in that scenario.

The plan that states you have to sell based on price, is a plan that outlines the very essense of failure.

True...but...I've been in a few homes were they just bought last week. and they were willing to show me what they got. If it's Lincoln Heritage (or similar) and they get $15,000 coverage for $xx amount of monthly payment, you gave a great chance to make a sale.

I simply show them that there are companies with that same payment that will cover their final expenses for the same $15,000 and throw $7,000 extra (or whatever the numbers work out to be) in as a gift to their children.

Works better than offering a lower payment.

I messed this all up, will not be meeting with this mgr. due to my general lack of enthusiasm. I hope I did not miss out on a fantastic opportunity of some sort. I was leary about buying all the leads and the territories and all, still don't know what it's all about..... maybe I will never know...

Back