TriCare

I have seen a couple of discussions regarding Tri-Care.

I hope this clears it up for some of you.

https://www.tricare.mil/Plans/HealthPlans/TFL/TFL_OHI

I usually recommend MA Only for them. I have many TriCare clients (I live near Camp Lejeune).

I walk them thru the claim process of OM + T4L vs MA + T4L.

And yes, I bring up PA.

Because T4L pays secondary on both OM and MA, with a good PPO it only makes sense. They even pay secondary out of network for those who are curious.

Additionally, some providers are willing to assist on the dual claims ie they'll bill MA and they'll assist with the WPS.

Additionally, some providers are willing to assist on the dual claims ie they'll bill MA and they'll assist with the WPS.

I’ve written a ton . Never 1 issue yet . Even works the same with champus .My question is what happens in snf facility ? Since they have a secondary sup with tfl will Humana still try to kick them out after 8 days . I find it hard to believe since much of the bill paid for by tfl .

I’ve written a ton . Never 1 issue yet . Even works the same with champus .My question is what happens in snf facility ? Since they have a secondary sup with tfl will Humana still try to kick them out after 8 days . I find it hard to believe since much of the bill paid for by tfl .

If they really run into issues - SEP out of MA to OM. No problem.

I’ve written a ton . Never 1 issue yet . Even works the same with champ for life .My question is what happens in snf facility ? Since they have a secondary sup with tfl will Humana still try to kick them out after 8 days . I find it hard to believe since much of the bill paid for by tfl .
If they really run into issues - SEP out of MA to OM. No problem.

Correct .What’s the sep in June or July for instance ? Ive been told they can call Medicare at any time and they’ll disenroll them . Also what happens if they disenroll and are in skilled nursing for 30-40 days with only one? They’ll have big out of pocket .

Also what happens if they disenroll and are in skilled nursing for 30-40 days with only one? They’ll have big out of pocket .

I usually tell people, "I can't tell you what T4L covers" but between us on the forum their SNF coverage is appears to be better than medigap (I don't see a day 100 cap)

[EXTERNAL LINK] - Skilled Nursing Facility Care | TRICARE

So if on MAPD, they'll have SNF copays (just like OM, but usually lower), and TFL could follow as secondary. I'm not seeing a big downside/risk here.

Last edited:

If they are full dual i didn't think Tricare even comes in to play unless they go out of network to a provider who doesn't accept medicaid? i have a few people with tricare on snp ppo and have never had an issue.

Back