Tricks and Stratigies

thebig_j

Expert
I'm prety new around here if you haven't seen a post of mine yet. 2014 will be my first full year selling group health. I've been learning everything I can about the changes and markets for the last 6 months and now I need to make some money.

I have put together some nice quotes for small groups so far being able to find savings or a better overall plan design here or there but everyone was scared to move because of ACA (and on some level I'm sure I don't have the sales tricks yet)

However I am just starting to think about strategies for 2014. the things that really put business owners in a good spot and make since. I have been quoting small self funded plans for a few months now and see that as a good place to start for a HEALTHY group. I also have been talking with biz owners about filling new gaps with supplemental plans.

However I am thinking about things like raising the deductible and funding the HSA. Splitting up employees into classes for different plans. FSA's (which I know nothing about). Can anyone find a legal way to do a stand alone defined contribution?

Anyone feel like schooling the new kid on the block who is in this biz for all the right reasons? I would be very interested in seeing what you are all doing in the small and even though I'm not there yet mid sized market.

Back