Turning 65 Supps, Are You Selling Mainly on Price?

If they tell me they want MOO I give them the 800 and tell them to enroll direct. That way when the rate increases come, and they will, they can complain to whoever returns their call. That's another take away I use. I tell them up front I can offer almost any carrier they want except MOO. And I tell them why. If they still want MOO I give them the 800 number. That stops them dead in their tracks every time. I also don't have or need UHC. If they want UHC I give them the AARP number. That also works.

What's your most common plan you write

If they tell me they want MOO I give them the 800 and tell them to enroll direct. That way when the rate increases come, and they will, they can complain to whoever returns their call.

That's another take away I use.

I tell them up front I can offer almost any carrier they want except MOO. And I tell them why.

If they still want MOO I give them the 800 number.

That stops them dead in their tracks every time.

I also don't have or need UHC. If they want UHC I give them the AARP number. That also works.

They want UHC/AARP from now on, you give them my #....Ill enroll them, then at 71, re-enroll them elsewhere, lol!

DISCLAIMER- AARP has good rates here for T65, if thats not the case there, nevermind, lol!

If they tell me they want MOO I give them the 800 and tell them to enroll direct. That way when the rate increases come, and they will, they can complain to whoever returns their call.

That's another take away I use.

I tell them up front I can offer almost any carrier they want except MOO. And I tell them why.

If they still want MOO I give them the 800 number.

That stops them dead in their tracks every time.

I also don't have or need UHC. If they want UHC I give them the AARP number. That also works.

You're a real hard ass Bob! Whatever you do...don't change! :laugh:

I feel the same way about those 2 companies.

G........................

TDF their rates suck here and they don't offer G. But thanks any way.

Tom, maybe I am a hard ass, but I have enough confidence in the way I conduct myself and my business to push buttons but do it with a velvet glove.

I also don't play games and do take a glass pockets approach. Other agents want to hide the information until they sell the appointment. What I do, and the way I do it, won't work for a lot of agents.

To borrow a line from Chevy Chase, I am Bob Vineyard and you aren't.

Now, aren't you glad I didn't say Tom, you ignorant slut.

Most folks here won't understand either of those last two comments.

I don't understand this comment. They have some great niches for the right ages and health scenarios. What's so bad about UHC. It's also probably the most stable book of business I have. They tend to stick for some reason

He was making the point that "aging in" is not called Guarantee Issue.. It is Open Enrollment.. There are no health questions in either case but some of the differences are Open Enrollment pays full commission where most companies pay little, if any commission for GI. The plan selection of GI is more restrictive than GI. GI can be available at any any age depending on specific qualifying events.

Thanks for clarifying, that's what I was thinking, thanks to all responses guys.

Tom, maybe I am a hard ass, but I have enough confidence in the way I conduct myself and my business to push buttons but do it with a velvet glove.

I also don't play games and do take a glass pockets approach. Other agents want to hide the information until they sell the appointment. What I do, and the way I do it, won't work for a lot of agents.

I understand both!

Hahaha, because they're too young to remember the originals. Dan's pretty good at the serious roles too.

Back