TX health agents, what to do?

looks like work related stuff is excluded, whether claimed or not???? see where the questions may arise?

that is if they opted to carry WC....but since it is not mandatory to carry WC in texas there is not a claim to be made.....thats is enough to get a lawyer started if it came to that.....

Virtually every 24 / 7 policy claims would to to wc first.

I am sitting in my living room reading this post and a mega commercial comes on stating "covers 24 hours on or off the job"

So you can put them on mega also.

To my knowledge (anyone prove me wrong - no problem) all companies I sell; Aetna, BX, Time, GR, etc...all cover on the job medical claims so long as:

1) Workers Comp is not responsible for paying they claim
2) They should have had WC by law but choose not to have it

doesn't that say up there^^ "or can be recovered" "claimed or not" ?? something like that? that's kind of ambigously trying to get out of something by saying, " you could recover, so go do that, but we ain't paying if you claim or not with some other workers comp deal, or laws like that { such as} , we ain't paying."

sounds like that blonde girl trying to figure out why more kids don't have world maps

If the claim should run through workers comp you can't simply decide to run it through the carrier instead.

In some states owners are allowed to opt out of workers comp and are only required to cover employees.

From what I read and understand if there's a work-related claim then workers comp pays it unless you were not required to have it.

Many people violate workers comp laws and don't have it when they should. If that's the case and workers comp should be paying the claim but isn't because you're in violation then your carrier - even if offering "on or off the job" coverage will not pay that claim.

What about the large population of self-employed folks like us that get hurt on the way to the post office to mail some applications during working hours? I know this is used as a sales tactic when encountering self-employed individuals. This could be a legit reason for a carrier to deny a claim, but I'm wondering how often this occurs in the industry.

that is if you have a policy in place....but in texas WC is not mandatory.... there is nothing to "claimed or not"......now in other policy's it states that "work related illness and injury is not covered".....big difference......

can be recovered" "claimed or not" ?? something like that?

I had stitches from a paper cut when doing some paper work on a group case and Unicare paid......

What about the large population of self-employed folks like us that get hurt on the way to the post office ...

Last edited:
Thanks, Hey I was wondering why Unicare has an NR-2 rating in Texas with AM Best and was told they use to have a D rating down there. In Illinois they have an A- stable. Just wondering?

Back