UCT has a great lead program

I did not know Medicare would pay for ADLs for hip injuries...good to know.
And you are right the At Home Recovery benefit is never used.

Your definition of the requirements for someone to receive Medicare Home Health Care is excellent.

You like that do you? Medicare liked it too..in fact, they liked it so much they actually used the exact same description on their website :D

Mary, you posted on 2/6/07 at 7:27 pm the following.
i understand that i am in wyoming and it is different in every state -- that is certainly a very big difference in prices everywhere ---

"my thing is if -- a senior is paying 300 dollars a month for a medsup -- that is 3600 a year -- when you have a max out of pocket per year with a medadvantage plan is 3k --- and if you are their to help your senior along -- if they need help with doctors offices etc etc -- my feeling is that -- thats my job"

Mary, you also posted on 3/8/07 at 4:15 pm the following.
"you can get a part f plan here in wyoming for 79 dollars a month
a part g i believe is 55 --either part f or part g -- I would still supplement it with the care product -- it pays home health care where as part f does not -- so if you sign a customer up for the care plan with a part g product -- it can also take care of that deductable...." (Refer again to the above statement from the Medicare Guide book regarding the Home Health Care provided by Medicare.)

That is a huge difference in the premiums for Med Supp policies. In a month Med Supp policies went from $300 per month to only $55 per month.
Frank -- what i was talking about with the difference in prices -- if a 69 year old is with Combined insurance, or BCBS or another medsup -- that is the difference in prices...

Why would you sell them an MA plan with a $3,000 out of pocket max when they can buy a Med Supp Plan G for only $55 per month and have all their expenses covered with no out of pocket max except the $131 Medicare Part B deductible? I repeat, there is no need for additional policies with Medicare and a Med Supp policy.
again i go with what the customer wants -- i show them the differences and they decide

and I do want to state something -- i apologize for quoting home health care -- i should of said recovery -- my fault -- my mistake
yes there is a total difference

and Cadylou -- im not sure where i have mislead you in the past -- but what i am thinking is it was with your outcome with MSIS -- that is all i can think of -- as i have said before -- agents in different states have different representatives -- your state may be overloaded with agents where you cannot recieve the amount of leads that you may need... so by sending you the info for MSIS was wrong well -- make sure you research it :)

Medicare pays for skilled care only.There are situations where Medicare will approve and pay for unskilled care like bathing when receiving therapy at home for an injury like a broken hip until the person is ambulatory. I have clients who have received this care. Unskilled care is coverage for someone to help with ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) and is not covered by Medicare...in this case someone would need a LTC policy because medigap does not pay for it either. The closest medigap comes to coverage for this is plans D and G which cover up to $1600 a year for At Home Recovery
yes Kyle this is what I have been talking about and again i have misquoted it by saying home health care -- i give my clients the example of a broken hip -- this is the one that always happens with seniors... both of my grandparents and my aunt have broken their hips. And here it is commonplace for seniors, because of the ice.

so hopefully this clears the air when i say I APOLOGIZE FOR MISQUOTING HOME HEALTH CARE AS AT HOME RECOVERY ---..

have a great day :)

OH shoot and almost forgot -- the main subject of the post was that

just didn't want anyone to forget that :)

I would like to others to note my dilemma: How in the world do you suppose the rest of the forum members will ever get to see the really good discussion regarding HHC and At Home Recovery buried in this post on "UTC has great Leads"? Not many have the time or persistence to root around and find these jewels. This topic should be required reading.

OH shoot and almost forgot -- the main subject of the post was that

just didn't want anyone to forget that :)

I believe that you are the one who changed the topic in post #5 when you stated the following:

"and the question why i would provide a supplement to plan f would be -- plan f does not pay for home health care ( whereas plan g does ) -- so if you sell plan f -- you can supplement it with the continental care product because it takes care of the home health -- the rate for a female here in wyoming or nebraska is about 77 a month for plan f or i belive it is 65 for plan g for medsups... now comparing these and having the extra supplement --- ( cont. care) -- if they go in the hospital one time -- they get a check for $1000 dollars -- which pays there supplement for the year for plan f or plan g -- and again pays on top of what medicare pays --
this is from the site.. -- so its good for medsups and medadvantage plans.."

I would like to know what companies in WY or any other state have Med Supp policies that are $300 per month for someone 69 years of age. Please tell me what companies are charging $300 per month for a Med Supp for a person 69 years old in WY so I can check it out in other states as well. I have agents I work with all over the country. There are no companies in Missouri who charge $300 per month for someone 69 years of age.

Again I don't like to make statements without doing some research. I checked with Continental Life and they do offer a Plan D in WY. As a comparison of another company, the standard monthly permium for a non smoking female age 65 is $76.75. The standard rate for a 69 year old is $83.58. The premiums are 13% more in metro areas. That is still a far cry from $300 per month.

You also stated: "and I do want to state something -- i apologize for quoting home health care -- i should of said recovery -- my fault -- my mistake
yes there is a total difference"

Yes, the huge difference is the information about "At Home Recovery" that was posted earlier. It is seldom used and the requirements are very stringent but not as limiting as the Home Health Care provided by the Continental Care policy.

You still haven't addressed why you are telling prospects that the Continental Care plan does provide home health care and why it is a good policy for them to pay an additional premium for. The most they can get in the way of Home Health Care is $30 for one 8 hour shift and only for two shifts in a given 24 hour period when the cost to them is going to be $110 per hour.

You have not cleared anything up by your comments, only changed some of the things you originally said, like the cost of a Med Supp policy being $300 per month only now for someone 69. Please tell us how you justify telling prospects that the Continental Care policy will pay for their Home Health Care. I look forward to your answer, apparently you know something that the rest of us don't. I'm sure it will be educational.

You also stated the following in your last post, but didn't quote the entire statement about At Home Recovery which only pays $40 per day for a total of 40 days. Exactly what is it you were talking about?

"yes Kyle this is what I have been talking about and again i have misquoted it by saying home health care -- i give my clients the example of a broken hip -- this is the one that always happens with seniors... both of my grandparents and my aunt have broken their hips. And here it is commonplace for seniors, because of the ice."

That statement really doesn't say anything. What is it that you do tell them if they break a hip? What kind of benefits do you tell them they receive and where do you tell them do those benefits come from. It surely isn't going to be the "At Home Recovery" benefit provided by Plans D or G or the Home Health Care benefit from the Continental Care policy.

I am asking because I really want to know.

I would like to others to note my dilemma: How in the world do you suppose the rest of the forum members will ever get to see the really good discussion regarding HHC and At Home Recovery buried in this post on "UTC has great Leads"? Not many have the time or persistence to root around and find these jewels. This topic should be required reading.

Mary changed the topic in post #5 of this thread. The information she posted about Plan F not providing Home Health Care and how good the Continental Care policy was for Home Health care did need to be addressed in this thread.

Your point is well taken. Why don't you start a thread on Medicare Home Health Care so we can continue posting there and refer others to the posts in this thread for additional information.

FRank I believe you and I had it out( not really) about the differences between HHC and at home recovery in a different thread.

I seem to recall an intelligent discussion we had on that topic. It is always a pleasure discussing topics of interest with you. I believe I remember that we both learned something. That is always a good thing.

However, that is probably before retread became active. He needs to start a new thread with that title. Then we can "have it out" again. :D

You've got to love this business and this discussion board!

Back