UHC AARP Plan

Too bad the poster didn't get any feedback from a Florida agent - unless MandM made a comment - I wouldn't be able to see it since he made #1 on my ignore list.

Hey Rabbi,
I am a florida agent as noted in my repsonse to the question. It seems that FL INSURANCE just needs to find a good FMO or MGA (NOT PARKER AND ASSES nor PROGRESSIVE MARKETING >> GLORIA MORA'S division of PA) and go get some good training.
That is all. Simple Sweet and to the point.
Good Luck to all of us this Medicare season!!!

George

It's not specific to the AARP marketed plan. Just research any Medicare Advantage Plans from Coventry, Humana, Today's Options, Secure Horizons etc.

They all offer zero premium plans. It's privatized Medicare. Some people love it. Some hate it. The truth is somewhere in between.

My personal opinion is that the AARP version of ANY insurance plan is usually one of the worst choices in their class. I haven't really paid any attention of their version of the Medicare Advantage plans but as a rule of thumb AARP is just dead weight.

Newby,

This may be hard to believe, but AARP had one of the 2 best MAPD plans in our home county in East TN last year. The other decent plan has been bought by Humana during the summer. We had 6 WalMart stores last year and had a pretty good run with these six. This year we have 17 to try to work with.

If they will keep the plan as it was last year, we should do well.

But I know what you are saying, I love to find one of their life products.

Like I said, I really don't know all that much about AARP's Advantage Plans. I just know their Med Sups are easy to beat (at least in my areas) their life products are probably the worst and their LTC doesn't qualify for the Indiana Partnership program. Maybe their Med Advantage is OK.

That Wal-Mart deal must be sweet! Let me know if you need an agent to drive down there and man one of those for you.

Newby,

This may be hard to believe, but AARP had one of the 2 best MAPD plans in our home county in East TN last year. The other decent plan has been bought by Humana during the summer. We had 6 WalMart stores last year and had a pretty good run with these six. This year we have 17 to try to work with.

If they will keep the plan as it was last year, we should do well.

But I know what you are saying, I love to find one of their life products.

Hey Newby, Their life product can't be that bad!

I had called a client who had considered life ins some time back. Hubby had prostate cancer within the last 2 yrs. My quote with Amer-Amicable was a graded benefit with 3 yr wait and premium was $10/mo higher than his quote.

They were quoted NYL/AARP with a 2 yr wait. Plus an A rated co, if that means anything anymore.

Hey Newby, Their life product can't be that bad!

I had called a client who had considered life ins some time back. Hubby had prostate cancer within the last 2 yrs. My quote with Amer-Amicable was a graded benefit with 3 yr wait and premium was $10/mo higher than his quote.

They were quoted NYL/AARP with a 2 yr wait. Plus an A rated co, if that means anything anymore.

With AARP he has a two year wait on a term policy. The premiums will go up in 5 year age blocks and it will end completely at age 80. And, to think, he got all that goodness for $10/mo.:D

And, for the MA plans offered by UHC, Secure Horizens or anything else under the AARP umbrella, they are terrible plans and overpriced in Western Ky, Southern In., Southeast Mo. and West Tn. They can't even begin to compare to Pyramid, Coventry or Wellcare here. It's hard to imagine that they would have anything to offer elsewhere. You may as well offer Humana if you are going to offer junk products to clients.

Last edited:
With AARP he has a two year wait on a term policy. The premiums will go up in 5 year age blocks and it will end completely at age 80. And, to think, he got all that goodness for $10/mo.

Um,mm...don't think we're talking about the same product here. I'm talking about their final expense whole life.

M/66/NS quote was around $116/mo

Since i didn't see the policy, I am repeating what my client read over the phone. Are you saying that term is the only product NYL/AARP is offering ? Because i never heard of term with a 2 year graded benefit either.

Back