UHC AARP Plan

With AARP he has a two year wait on a term policy. The premiums will go up in 5 year age blocks and it will end completely at age 80. And, to think, he got all that goodness for $10/mo.

Um,mm...don't think we're talking about the same product here. I'm talking about their final expense whole life.

M/66/NS quote was around $116/mo

Since i didn't see the policy, I am repeating what my client read over the phone. Are you saying that term is the only product NYL/AARP is offering ? Because i never heard of term with a 2 year graded benefit either.

You may be talking about a whole life, but, I would wager that AARP is not.

As far as that pricing. a 66 year old male could get LH's modified whole life for about $100/mo for $10,000. It's a two year wait and paid up in 15 years. I know other companies can blow that premium away. Presidential would be about $85/mo for $10,000 with a 2 year wait.

Keep in mind that none of the "AARP Plans" are in fact AARP plans. This is nothing but a marketing scheme. AARP sells its name for a co-brand marketing relationship. In the case of the "UHC AARP Plan", it is UHC's Secure Horizon plan being sold under the AARP logo. AARP doesn't even endorse it... they make that clear in their contracts.

Back