UHC - Gout

You know the TX carriers/underwriters better than I do. My guess would be you are going to get a decline or, at best, a postponement for 6 months.

But what do I know?

UHC has an STM, at least they do here. Not sure if they have it in TX or not.

But then, he might not qualify . . .

Here's Golden Rule's answer...

Based on the information provided we may consider the primary male with a rider for gout. The final decision will be determined by the underwriter. SB

I bet $10 this will be a decline.

There is more to the story.

Gout can also be a result of more serious other related issues. Your clients h/w and lifestyle is not helping matters.

More will likely come out over time.

UHC is extremely conservative and modifies offers often.

I would recommend group or risk pool as your client is very likely uninsurable.

Why he would only consider UHC is a huge red flag. You consider what you might qualify for - your client wanting only one carrier is very odd and a reason to proceed with caution.

That recent of Gout I would walk away.

There is more to the story.

Gout can also be a result of more serious other related issues. Your clients h/w and lifestyle is not helping matters.

I agree.

I wouldn't spend a lot of time on this. His BMI is 36 and as Joe said, it probably contributed to his condition and there are likely others lurking.

Let us know the outcome.

I agree.

I wouldn't spend a lot of time on this. His BMI is 36 and as Joe said, it probably contributed to his condition and there are likely others lurking.

Let us know the outcome.

I definitely agree with you and Joe... I told the guy that Gout would be ridered best case and he kept asking what he was paying for insurance for. I recommended he go on COBRA even though it's much more expensive... Apparently, he emailed me and plans to apply online through my Norvax engine for GR later today.

I've done all I can, and I'm not going to touch the app, so we'll see what happens here...

Back